cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's the thing that really bugs me.

Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
21 of 27
They shouldn't use the work, even if you don't have the copyright anymore. If the work was so bad that they want their money back, why would they want their name associated with it?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
22 of 27
And that is the most frustrating. The client said over and over again the work wasn't bad at all, he just wanted it to be in the style of his own writing. Well, I tried to tell him no writer is going to create something the same way, there is always a noticeable difference in tone and style. So, the bottom line issue was that he just didn't feel his style and my style meshed well together. It wasn't anything about him not liking the end product at all. That is why I was saying, he claims he is going to leave really good feedback, but, I haven't left mine yet because I don't want to deal with the worry and stress of knowing and worrying. It might be good, it might be bad, who knows? He was wishy washy. I also had to tell him I had to take a day off because I get migraine headaches and I couldn't work, but I kept him up-to-date. I think he wanted me to work when I was unwell too. I don't hardly ever get ill, but I'm certainly not going to try to look at a computer screen with a migraine. Anyway. That's the story--and it was pretty damn messed up. You live and learn, but I"m telling you on these money back guarantee hourly deals, you never know what might happen. Things go good, then suddenly, at the end, there you go....
Community Guru
23 of 27
I don't see how a client can leave good feedback and get their money back. Asking for money back implies that the work was no good. I would assume the client has to go through some kind of procedure to get their money returned; oDesk doesn't just hand it to them without a review.
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
24 of 27
If the client got their money back because oDesk paid them off, and you got paid; wouldn't the work technically belong to oDesk?
Community Guru
25 of 27
Technically yes, but it doesn't sound like a practical solution to me.
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
26 of 27
I'd still ask if it is allowable to use the work beforehand, just as an arse-covering exercise. Maybe someone from oDesk would like to comment here. I can't imagine that oDesk has a plan to use thousands of random pieces of work that they've paid for, but you never know.
sivakumar r Member Since: Jul 20, 2010
27 of 27
You can use this guide to pinpoint clients in future. https://www.odesk.com/community/node/33412
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS