🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does changing hourly rate affect algorithm su...
Page options
11f7a755
Community Member

Does changing hourly rate affect algorithm suggestions?

Hi,

First of all I understand freelancing is uncertain and as it happened in my case, it may take 2 weeks for client to make an informed decision before hiring a freelancer.  So I completely understand the feast and famine cycle. Now three days ago, I received about three interviews, and submitted a job successfully. Then I decided to do something which will completely blow the space-time continuum here on Upwork sphere: I drasically boosted my hourly rate. 

I mainly did this as a reverse psychology test to hammer the point that my hourly rate should give a reflection about my quality of work, and the clients will rest assured that I won't be doing a sloppy and shoddy work.  Then this happened.

*crickets*

No I wasn't being greedy. (I know someone will point it out!)

Although I received 3 more interviews and it may seem I am being impatient, but today I had a gut feeling it may affect the way Upwork algorithm suggests my profile. Thus to clarify my gut feeling my quesiton:

Does Upwork algorithm/suggestion automatically give low priority to profiles or may decide you are not the best fit if your rate is too high?

(Is there any unofficial 'waiting game' before I jack up my hourly rate?)

Anyway, I lowered my rate and somehow unwilling grounded myself since I do not think it is worth losing potential interviews.

Thanks everyone! (Also hi Petra - I know you are a rock star here!)

1 REPLY 1
lysis10
Community Member

Zeeshan M wrote:

Anyway, I lowered my rate and somehow unwilling grounded myself since I do not think it is worth losing potential interviews.

weak hands

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members