🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does having a specialized profile increase yo...
Page options
front-end-guy
Community Member

Does having a specialized profile increase your visibility?

Hi.

I want to ask if there's some benefit in having a specialized profile when it's the same as my main one, except I have fewer reviews there?

Does having a specialized profile (copywriting in my case) help clients find you easier or is there some other benefit?

Or can I delete it?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hi Matej,

Thanks for reaching out. Your general profile will include the title you created, your overview, your rate, all of your Upwork work history, the skills you chose to list, etc. For your specialized profile, you can highlight your expertise. 

Unlike the general profile, the specialized profile will allow you to create a separate title and overview, as well as set a different rate. It will also let you go into more detail about the type of skills you do work in. For example, for Copywriting: what are the categories like advertising, publicity, lead-generation, and sales, etc you have worked on, etc. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your reply, Pradeep.

But in my case, the profile looks exactly the same (even with the details about what exactly I can do).

The only difference is that my specialized profile has fewer reviews.

So there are no visibility advantages or something like that?

Hi Matej,

In that case, the benefits will depend on how you set up your Specialized Profile on your end. From your description, it looks like you could tailor the best reviews from your Work History to show, instead of using your General Profile that shows all.

~Andrea
Upwork

Can you please check my new response?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members