🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Does hourly rate affects number of receiv...
Page options
a_golubovic
Community Member

Does hourly rate affects number of received job invites?

Hello,

I'm wondering does my Hourly Rate on profile affects on number of job invites I have been receiving?

I have 2 specialized profiles beside General one. I have noticed that I'm receiving invites only for my second specialized profile despite the fact that my first specialized profile and my General have mzch more 5 star jobs and feedback than the second one. I have 2x larger hourly rate on General and 1st one than on 2nd one. Could hourly rate be a 'problem' for receiving job invites?

Best regards,

Aleksandar

9 REPLIES 9
alekseevpavel78
Community Member

The issue is your profile, mate...  Python engineer who is Electrical engineer who is Network engineer - too much "engineerized" probably...

I was trying to stick up to straight facts about my education, knowledge and experience. I thought maybe it's good to mention all that in my General profile, and then be more specific in Specialized profiles, but I'm not sure about it...

Anyway, I would like to know does hourly rate have some impact or not.

Thanks 🙂

Who knows? But, regarding your specialization, you should have a better understanding than me,  how to Big Data could read and arrange your profile and how it depends on the description 😉

So, I just would like to recommend you to review your profile. 

I will review it, for sure. 😉

Thank you 🙂

I doubt very much that your slightly higher rate in one profile is making any difference - it's only $5. The simple answer is probably that some of your skills are in more demand than others, and/or you have more experience in those areas.

@Christine A
It was 2x larger, so I decided to decrease it, so now difference is $5. Thing that doesn't make sense to me is that I have more experience, more 5 stars jobs, great feedback in 1st profile and, despite that, I'm constantly getting invites on 2nd profile where I have only 1 job rated. I have received like 12 invites in last 2 months and none of it was for the 1st profile.

Aleksandar G wrote:
@Christine A
It was 2x larger, so I decided to decrease it, so now difference is $5. Thing that doesn't make sense to me is that I have more experience, more 5 stars jobs, great feedback in 1st profile and, despite that, I'm constantly getting invites on 2nd profile where I have only 1 job rated. I have received like 12 invites in last 2 months and none of it was for the 1st profile.

So I guess the answer is that some skills are in more demand than others. If I were you, I would increase my rate in the area where I'm getting the most invitations/jobs, and just focus on that.

You should figure out what you are selling and then sell it. Your profile should be a justification of your value. It maybe if your rate is high that you will receive less invites (I don’t get any at all). But it might also be you are not making a good enough justification for your rate.

Mmm... I'd say of course it does affect. Say certain client is looking for someone to do an hourly job and he/she wants to hire a freelancer whose hourly rate is between $10 and $20. If yours is more than $20 you will not receive invitations from that one. I think it's pretty obvious, but sorry if I misunderstood your question.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members