🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does inactive job affect JSS or Top Rate stat...
Page options
pancevac76
Community Member

Does inactive job affect JSS or Top Rate status?

I have a client who is a big problem; contract has been temp closed 6-7 times due to his credit card and now because of C19, he wants to wait for few months.

He is definately one of those "hard to work with" people, other freelancers gave him bad ratings as well.

What should I do? 

4 REPLIES 4
versailles
Community Member

> Does inactive job affect JSS or Top Rate status?

Only if no money was earned.

Your Job Success Score on Upwork:

Contracts without activity can lower your score
Sometimes contracts start, but due to the client or freelancer, no activity takes place. After a reasonable period of time, these contracts impact your score. Ending these contracts quickly or requesting the client close the contract as soon as possible can prevent this situation.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Rene K wrote:

Your Job Success Score on Upwork:

Contracts without activity can lower your score
Sometimes contracts start, but due to the client or freelancer, no activity takes place. After a reasonable period of time, these contracts impact your score. Ending these contracts quickly or requesting the client close the contract as soon as possible can prevent this situation.

Sorry but this is simply not true. Even what you quoted clearly states that Upwork will drop a freelancer's Job Success Score if a contract is inactive for a certian amount of time. I have experienced this personally, so my advice is to ensure a contract has an active milestone, or to close a contract as soon as possible.

Jarrod D wrote:

Rene K wrote:

Sorry but this is simply not true. 

Well, it is, unless most of your contracts are like that.

Jarrod D wrote:

Even what you quoted clearly states that Upwork will drop a freelancer's Job Success Score if a contract is inactive for a certian amount of time.

It says no such thing. It says that if NO ACTIVITY takes place (AT ALL, EVER!) - in other words: no money is ever paid, it does.

Provided money was (ever) paid under a contract and yyou don't have an insanely high percentage of them, it does not matter of the contract sits idle, it doesn't have any effect on the JSS. 

Petra R wrote:

Jarrod D wrote:

Rene K wrote:

Sorry but this is simply not true. 

Well, it is, unless most of your contracts are like that.

Jarrod D wrote:

Even what you quoted clearly states that Upwork will drop a freelancer's Job Success Score if a contract is inactive for a certian amount of time.

It says no such thing. It says that if NO ACTIVITY takes place (AT ALL, EVER!) - in other words: no money is ever paid, it does.

Provided money was (ever) paid under a contract and yyou don't have an insanely high percentage of them, it does not matter of the contract sits idle, it doesn't have any effect on the JSS. 

As I already said, this is not true. I literally had this happen to me a few weeks ago where I had two contracts that were open with already completed and paid milestones but no currently active milestone that caused my Job Success Score to drop, and this was confirmed by Upwork Support when I contacted them about it. So it's clear that the "no activity" means "no recent activity".

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members