🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Does no reivew have the same impact as a ...
Page options
daydreamdesigns
Community Member

Does no reivew have the same impact as a bad review?

A have a few clients that told me what a wonderful job I did in the messenger, then did not review me (even though I asked them to).

How do the "no reviews" impact my jss ... and doesn't it just look bad to future clients?

I'd really love to have their glowing reviews on my profile!

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Having NO review is something that Upwork frowns upon. Upwork considers it a sign of a poor client outcome.

So the JSS (Job Success Score) penalizes freelances for having contracts closed WITHOUT any feedback. (Star ratings. The written feedback isn't considered in JSS.)

If you have a relatively small proportion of contracts with no feedback, this won't hurt you. But if these are a high enough proportion of your overall job history, then yes, this will decrease your JSS.

If a client leaves any feedback at all - meaning they clicked stars - then that's helpful.

If they DID NOT WRITE ANYTHING... It doesn't matter to your JSS.

Preston H wrote:

Having NO review is something that Upwork frowns upon. Upwork considers it a sign of a poor client outcome.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** Too many (like "most") such contracts, maybe. Which Kendra does not have.

Preston H wrote:

JSS (Job Success Score) penalizes freelances for having contracts closed WITHOUT any feedback.

Not true as such. Pure scaremongering.

As long as money was paid and there isn't an insanely high percentage (I have seen freelancers with more than half such contracts and 100% JSS) there is no effect at all in any way.

Kendra C wrote:

A have a few clients that told me what a wonderful job I did in the messenger, then did not review me (even though I asked them to).

Don't ask clients to review you. Just encourage them to close the contract. That will automatically lead to feedback.

Kendra C wrote:

How do the "no reviews" impact my jss ...

It doesn't, unless you have a super high percentage or nothing was paid. "Nothing paid" contracts without feedback really hurts the jSS.

Kendra C wrote:

. and doesn't it just look bad to future clients?

It doesn't look bad either.

Poor feedback looks bad. A few with no feedback don't.

What about partial refunds? They asked for a refund on a couple hours and upwork automatically gave it to them since I was out of town unable to respond. Would a partial refund effec t the JSS?

They gave me a terrible review and I'm wondering if that alone brought down my JSS, or if the partial refund brought it down more.

Kendra C wrote:

What about partial refunds? They asked for a refund on a couple hours and upwork automatically gave it to them since I was out of town unable to respond. Would a partial refund effec t the JSS?

They gave me a terrible review and I'm wondering if that alone brought down my JSS, or if the partial refund brought it down more.

No, the refund didn't affect you. The bad review did.

Kendra C wrote:

Refunds (as such, by themselves) have no effect at all. If everything is refunded it creates a "nothing paid" contract which is not good, but partial refunds don't do anything, only the feedback the client left (private mainly)  does.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths