🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does not working frequently lower my job succ...
Page options
gnudlepye
Community Member

Does not working frequently lower my job success score?

Hi guys! I freelance part-time on UpWork so I often go through months of not applying for any jobs and I've noticed my job success score has gone down. I have completed 5 jobs and I got excellent feedback from all of them. Is it possible that because I am not consistently on UpWork my job success score is dropping? Thanks so much

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Natalie B wrote:

Hi guys! I freelance part-time on UpWork so I often go through months of not applying for any jobs and I've noticed my job success score has gone down. I have completed 5 jobs and I got excellent feedback from all of them. Is it possible that because I am not consistently on UpWork my job success score is dropping? Thanks so much

Not working frequently (as such) does not have any impact on your JSS as such. It can, however, influence which outcomes create your JSS and how. The JSS is calculated as the best of 3 time-windows: The 6 month window, the 12 month window and the 2 year (maximum) window.

However, in your case, what has happened is that you don't have a 6 month window or a 12 month window because you have not worked on Upwork at all in the last year ( so no 6 month and no 12 month windows at all) and one, possibly 2 jobs have fallen out of your maximum 2 year window, which alters the balance of the outcomes that are still left in your calculation window.  This can have a positive effect when a negative factor falls out or the calculation window, or a negative effect when a positive factor does.

Eventually you will no longer have enough completed contracts in your 2 year window to calculate any JSS at all and it (the JSS) will vanish.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Natalie B wrote:

Not working frequently (as such) does not have any impact on your JSS as such. It can, however, influence which outcomes create your JSS and how. The JSS is calculated as the best of 3 time-windows: The 6 month window, the 12 month window and the 2 year (maximum) window.

However, in your case, what has happened is that you don't have a 6 month window or a 12 month window because you have not worked on Upwork at all in the last year ( so no 6 month and no 12 month windows at all) and one, possibly 2 jobs have fallen out of your maximum 2 year window, which alters the balance of the outcomes that are still left in your calculation window.  This can have a positive effect when a negative factor falls out or the calculation window, or a negative effect when a positive factor does.

Eventually you will no longer have enough completed contracts in your 2 year window to calculate any JSS at all and it (the JSS) will vanish.

I see! Thanks Petra, that's really helpful!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members