cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does public feedback remain if there is a full refund?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
1 of 6

Asking because of the latest conversation in this thread and I'm afraid it will get burried.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Unwarranted-Negative-Review-From-Client/m-p/327087#M2002...

A mod says that public feedback is no longer removed with a refund. Could we please get verification? No offense to Ryan (sorry buddy) but could a senior mod verify?

(Sorry ryan, no offense intended... It's a big change for us though and I think it's good to get clarification)

iamchunchunchun
Community Guru
Hiu Chun L Member Since: Jul 27, 2017
2 of 6

Thank you, Jennifer! I believe many of us would really like to know the answer. I personally think that they should make an announcement if they are going to change something like this.

datasciencewonk
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
3 of 6

@Jennifer M wrote:

Asking because of the latest conversation in this thread and I'm afraid it will get burried.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Unwarranted-Negative-Review-From-Client/m-p/327087#M2002...

A mod says that public feedback is no longer removed with a refund. Could we please get verification? No offense to Ryan (sorry buddy) but could a senior mod verify?

(Sorry ryan, no offense intended... It's a big change for us though and I think it's good to get clarification)

Oh hey now...

Yes, that's new. Can another mod verify this? 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

If this is indeed true it would be literally days old as this was not the case a few days ago.

If this is indeed the case it should have been announced properly, not casually thrown in.

melaniemaghanoy
Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
5 of 6

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for bringing this up. I can confirm that the "Public" feedback will be removed if a full refund is made for the contract. I believe Ryan refers to the "Private evaluation left by the client" our sincerest apologies if the response did not clearly state which feedback wont be removed.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 6

phew, ok thank you! That would have been a huge change! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS