cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does "Top rated 0% on fees with new clients" works with siblings?

Community Guru
Eric B Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
1 of 24

Hi, 

does it work with siblings?

thank you.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 24

Hi Eric, 

Do you mean your sibling will be hiring you? 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
3 of 24

Avery O wrote:

Hi Eric, 

yes

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 24

Eric B wrote:

Avery O wrote:

Hi Eric, 

yes

Why in the world would your sibling need hire you on Upwork (for any honest, genuine reason, rather than for the purpose of boosting your profile / gaining feedback etc?)

Don't even think about it. If your sibling wants to hire you, tell them to hire and pay you directly.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
5 of 24

Eric B wrote:

Avery O wrote:

Hi Eric, 

yes

As your sibling is not an upwork client yet, you are allowed to work with them outside of upwork, and I suggest payment by bank transfer which will cost you absolutely nothing, and your sibling does not have to pay the credit card fee. Great solution, eh?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 24

Martina P wrote:

Eric B wrote:

Avery O wrote:

Hi Eric, 

yes

As your sibling is not an upwork client yet, you are allowed to work with them outside of upwork, and I suggest payment by bank transfer which will cost you absolutely nothing, and your sibling does not have to pay the credit card fee. Great solution, eh?

Or his sibling could just hand over cash and be done with it, without the danger of suspended accounts and accusations of cheating...

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
7 of 24

Petra R wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Eric B wrote:

Avery O wrote:

Hi Eric, 

yes

Or his sibling could just hand over cash and be done with it, without the danger of suspended accounts and accusations of cheating...

That is assuming they talk. I was working under worst case assumption. 

Community Guru
8 of 24

Petra R wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Eric B wrote:

Avery O wrote:

Hi Eric, 

yes

This is exactly why I was asking. 

Community Guru
9 of 24

Martina P wrote:

Eric B wrote:

Avery O wrote:

Hi Eric, 

yes

Not a bad solution. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 24

It is not Upwork's intention that you hire family members, or get hired by family members. Or close friends/neighbors. This could easily lead to account suspension, termination.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS