cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does "Top rated 0% on fees with new clients" works with siblings?

Community Guru
Eric B Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
11 of 24

Preston H wrote:

It is not Upwork's intention that you hire family members, or get hired by family members. Or close friends/neighbors. This could easily lead to account suspension, termination.

This is exactly why I was asking. Let's get an official answer. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 24

Eric B wrote:

Preston H wrote:

It is not Upwork's intention that you hire family members, or get hired by family members. Or close friends/neighbors. This could easily lead to account suspension, termination.

Are you kidding? There is no genuine, non-fraudulent reason for a sibling to hire you on Upwork. None.

Get caught playing tricks like that and kiss your Upwork account good-bye forever.

Community Guru
13 of 24

Petra R wrote:

Eric B wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Are you kidding? There is no genuine, non-fraudulent reason for a sibling to hire you on Upwork. None.

Get caught playing tricks like that and kiss your Upwork account good-bye forever.

Can your answer be considered as an official answer?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 24

Eric B wrote:

No. It's the common sense answer and it is the "We have seen enough people who had the same dumb idea consquently come to the forum bleating that they and their sibling / husband / friend / neighbour / roommate  fake-hired each other to manipulate their profile or launder money and were permanently suspended from the platform" answer.

Community Guru
15 of 24

Petra R wrote:

Eric B wrote:

No. It's the common sense answer and it is the "We have seen enough people who had the same dumb idea consquently come to the forum bleating that they and their sibling / husband / friend / neighbour / roommate  fake-hired each other to manipulate their profile or launder money and were permanently suspended from the platform" answer.

All right, then, thank you so much for giving me your logical opinion. Now if you don't mind, I'll wait for an "official" answer which means an answer for a moderator which means Upwork. 

Thank you.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
16 of 24
Hi Eric,

We can't advise about a hypothetical situation. In general, if a client wants to hire their relative for a real job and prefers to use Upwork to manage the contract and payment, they can do it. If an instance of feedback abuse, account sharing or any other ToS violation is detected, it may result in account holds.

Thanks!
~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
17 of 24

Bojan S wrote:
Hi Eric,

We can't advise about a hypothetical situation. In general, if a client wants to hire their relative for a real job and prefers to use Upwork to manage the contract and payment, they can do it. If an instance of feedback abuse, account sharing or any other ToS violation is detected, it may result in account holds.

Thanks!

Hi, Bojan

Thanks for the answer.

There is no feedbackuse if I follow the definition:

• Feedback Abuse: Great feedback is earned, not forced. Don't pressure clients to give you good feedback, and don't withhold work until feedback is left. It's OK to let clients know that you strive to provide high-quality work and to earn a good rating or to ask for feedback to be left.

In that case, it's like another job. it's a real job with an honest feed. I always ask that. an honest feedback. does the 0% of fees apply in that case?

Thank you.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 24

Eric,

As Bojan noted in his reply, we will not be able to further discuss a hypothetical situation or a contract that hasn't been formed. If a potential violation of ToS is detected, the team will be reaching out to the parties directly and discussing it further. In addition of the advice provided on this thread I also encourage you to check Section 4 of Upwork Terms of Use.

This thread will be closed from further replies and we'd like to use this opportunity to ask all members of the Community to refrain from posting personal attacks, inflammatory comments and other content that's in violation of the Community Guidelines.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
19 of 24

Eric B wrote:

Hi, 

does it work with siblings?

thank you.

Ahhh... what a creative way to ask "can my sibling hire me to give me great feedback in order to boost my profile?"  

Think before you ask such questions....before you are banned and can't ask any legitimate questions later on... 

Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
20 of 24

Next forum post by Eric B...Why did my account get suspended? I didn't do anything wrong.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS