cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does "enable clients to change feedback" expire?

Highlighted
John H Member Since: May 9, 2017
1 of 9

I did a project a while back and got great comments from the client in his messages and even a bonus for the work, but no feedback.  When I asked (politely) about this, he said he thought he'd given me 5 stars and asked how to change it.  I know about having to enable this change and did so, but now (a few weeks later), he messaged saying he still can't make any changes.  In addition, the enable link is no longer available on my contract.  My only guess is that my earlier enabling has expired.  Is this the case?  And if so, is there anything that can be done now? (Or if not, is there something I should be telling him to do/look for on the client side to accomplish this change?)

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 9

I just did an experiment and it looks like not all contracts have that option but yes, some do not have a strict expiration date.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
3 of 9

@John H wrote:

know about having to enable this change and did so, but now (a few weeks later), he messaged saying he still can't make any changes.  In addition, the enable link is no longer available on my contract.

Once you enable a client to change feedback (which also enables the client to leave feedback in the first place if they had not already done so) the client has 14 days to leave feedback or make changes, after that it indeed expires.

It can only be done once so unfortunately the client can no longer leave feedback for the contract.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Diana K Member Since: Nov 21, 2018
4 of 9

Hello, 

My client left me a feedback, accidentaly he gave 4.85. Now, he wants to change it, but I see there isn't "enable client to change feedback" function in our contract. 
How can I make it possible? 
P.S. I see there is that button in my other contracts. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
5 of 9

Diana K wrote:

Hello, 

My client left me a feedback, accidentaly he gave 4.85. Now, he wants to change it, but I see there isn't "enable client to change feedback" function in our contract. 
How can I make it possible? 
P.S. I see there is that button in my other contracts. 

The contract probably closed too long ago for you to allow changes. 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 9

Hi John,

I can confirm the information Petra provided and will add that clients can rate a freelancer without leaving written feedback. Even without the comment, the feedback your client left will still be included in your Job Success Score, in case you were concerned about this.

Highlighted
Zane B Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
7 of 9

Hi Vladimir,

My freelancer closed our contract 13 days ago. Today is the last day I can leave feedback.

My question is: If I leave feedback today, can I change it within 14 days?

Cheers

Highlighted
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
8 of 9

Hi Zane,

Thank you for reaching out. The 14 day period starts the day the contract is closed, and ends on the 14th day, you won't be able to edit your feedback. Please check this help article for more information. 

~ Riri
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 9

Zane B wrote:

My question is: If I leave feedback today, can I change it within 14 days?

No, you can't, (only if the freelancer lets you) and you should report the freelancer immediately for feedback extortion.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS