🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does the Upwork time tracker monitor the time...
Page options
jossylad
Community Member

Does the Upwork time tracker monitor the time freelancers spend on researching a topic?

I am new to the Upwork community.
My question is this:

If I am working on an hourly project but need to make researches on the subject, would the Upwork time tracker track the time I spend on researching the topic or only the time used in writing the post?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cyber_sec007
Community Member

You can put into the memo that you are researching XYZ

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Efoghor,

Welcome to the Community! If you are tracking your hours with the Upwork Desktop App, anything you do while tracking is on is reflected on your Work Diary. Is the research in question part of the contract's scope? If not, you may want to consult with your client to avoid any misunderstanding.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jossylad
Community Member

Thanks for the feedback. The research is related to the topic assigned, that's why I asked if the research would be tracked. Most subjects require research while writing; so I guess the time put into gathering those vital information should be monitored since the information form the bedrock of the article you are assigned to write.

cyber_sec007
Community Member

You can put into the memo that you are researching XYZ

Thanks for the answer. I guess this answers the question. If there is provision for one to indicate that one is researching the topic, then the time a freelancer uses for such needs to be monitored.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members