cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does your job success score lower every time you apply for a job?

katie_zimpel
Ace Contributor
Katie A Member Since: Aug 23, 2016
1 of 4

I've reached a little dry spell so I've been applying for more jobs than usual. (Maybe 6 per week). And while my job situation hasn't changed, I keep seeing my Job Success Score get lower and lower. Does the score get lower everytime you write a proposal for a job and don't get the job? I don't want to be punished for just looking for work. I'm at the 90% point right now so I'm very concerned.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 4

Lack of jobs won't harm your score. However, if successful jobs fall out of your calculation window, your score may drop. If you had long-term clients who were boosting your score in the past, losing those may drop your number too. 

katie_zimpel
Ace Contributor
Katie A Member Since: Aug 23, 2016
3 of 4

What do you mean by "fall out of your calculation window"? I recently had a gig where the client just stopped contacting me after a week. I did a few drafts of work with some feedback and edits and then nothing. No pay and no more contact. 

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Hi Katie,

I can confirm that your JSS won't drop due to sending proposals on which you haven't been hired.

JSS can change due to a few different reasons including private feedback from a client as well as public feedback, inactive contracts, a job falling out of the calculation window which may be what is happening in your case. You can find some more information regarding changes in JSS by having a look at this article.

~Nina

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS