🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My domain expired and I cant log in my up...
Page options
scrapinglab
Community Member

Domain expired and lost access to my email on my profile. Now I can't change it to another one.Help!

My domain that I used to register my Upwork account went expired and so I lost access to that domain. Then, someone else bought it and now I don't have control of that domain and I need to change my email to another one. I already tied to change it but I don't see any emails arriving to the new email. I'm scared I really don't want to lose my account and I want to make sure my account will not get hacked. Please I plead to you, help me out.

12 REPLIES 12
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erik,

I just sent you a PM with more information regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
baileyz
Community Member

Hey, I just have the same problem and I would appreciate if I got to know the solution. Thanks

ef104209
Community Member

Bojan, Could you please assist me with this same issue?

baileyz
Community Member

Hello, I saw a topic similar to this but it was settled in the PMs, but I have a similar problem.

I forgot about changing my upwork account to my new domain and my 'everything': people, things are in that account.

I would appreciate if someone would help. Thanks so much in advance. 

Michael J.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

I have forwarded your concern to the Customer Support Team so that we can look into it further. I'll come back here when I have more information about your issue.

ETA: Hi Michael, please know that a member of the Customer Support Team has sent you an email to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
florydev
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

Hi Michael, 

I have forwarded your concern to the Customer Support Team so that we can look into it further. I'll come back here when I have more information about your issue.

ETA: Hi Michael, please know that a member of the Customer Support Team has sent you an email to assist you further with your concern. 

Avery, I really think that you should take to your product team the idea of being able to add a backup email to our accounts to manage this situation.  Now I am going to go check my domain registration!

lysis10
Community Member

/searches for user domain to register it and set up Upwork email on account.........................mmm delicious account takeover

I keeed, I keeeeed

For real, get that domain renewal set up on PayPal and then you don't gotta worry about losing it due to an expired credit card.

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

/searches for user domain to register it and set up Upwork email on account.........................mmm delicious account takeover

I keeed, I keeeeed

For real, get that domain renewal set up on PayPal and then you don't gotta worry about losing it due to an expired credit card.

It is but I wasn't sure it was...kind of like I am never sure I closed the garage door even though I know that I closed the garage door.

I have to keep out the pink-haired rascals both physically and virtually.

lysis10
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

It is but I wasn't sure it was...kind of like I am never sure I closed the garage door even though I know that I closed the garage door.

bahahahahaha at the garage door thing. SAME SAME HAHAHA You're old, Mark! Just accept it! My dog also sometimes gets fed twice because I can't remember if I fed her dinner. I figure feeding her twice is better than not feeding her, so that little poophead gets extra. That little butt of a dog acts like she's totally starving too as if she was never fed so I can't even figure out if I fed her by her reaction to me opening the can. 

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Mark F wrote:

bahahahahaha at the garage door thing. SAME SAME HAHAHA You're old, Mark! Just accept it! My dog also sometimes gets fed twice because I can't remember if I fed her dinner. I figure feeding her twice is better than not feeding her, so that little poophead gets extra. That little butt of a dog acts like she's totally starving too as if she was never fed so I can't even figure out if I fed her by her reaction to me opening the can. 

I actually added an Alexa skill "did I feed the dog"

liubchenko_paul
Community Member

Having the same problem.

No more access to old domain and emails

Need to change to new one

Hi Paul,

I’ve requested the help of our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths