cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't find benefits being a Top Rated freelancer

manickam_12
Manickam S Member Since: Feb 5, 2015
1 of 11

I am a Top rated Freelancer. I apply for many jobs.But why no clients reply  ? Do they see that i am top rated or not ? Does upwork recommend me to various clients. what's the benefit of being a top rated freelancer i don't understand?

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 11

This is what I have telling people who worry about their JSS so, so, much. There ARE no benefits except the green badge that says...hey, this guy/gal delivers great work.

The thing is, many people see Upwork as fulfilling the role of employer. They are not, and they do not. I am my OWN employer/chief cook/bottle washer/slavedriver/slave. Not Upwork. 

Upwork owes me nothing. I PAY for a service they provide - a place to find clients. They add a few benefits for my buck, i.e. they take care of billing, see about client payment methods, etc. I am more than willing to pay them to do so for me. If they did not, and if I did not have a forum such as this, I would spend a lot of my time (which I would rather spend making money or hanging out with the family) doing so myself...or paying someone else to do so for me. I'd rather not have to pay someone else, as that would mean I am an employer. I do not want to be an employer. I do not want to have to work out a pay docket for someone else. Just doing my taxes is enough paperwork as far as I am concerned.

manickam_12
3 of 11

I hope few perks (Red Text) are not applied.

As a Top Rated freelancer or agency, you’ll receive:

• A badge on your Upwork freelancer profile
  • Personalized tips to strengthen your profile
  • Premium customer support, including phone and chat
  • Exclusive invitations to submit proposals
  • An exclusive Job Digest email to make it easier for you to find attractive opportunities
  • The ability to exercise more control over your Job Success Score
  • Private access to the Top Rated Community forum
  • The opportunity to attend exclusive Top Rated Office Hours
  • The opportunity to host Top Rated Events in your city

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 11

Why wouldn't you want those perks? I don't get it.

manickam_12
5 of 11

i mean i didnt get these perks as i am top rated

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 11

Hi Manickam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'll ask our team to review your profile and follow up with tips to improve your profile. One thing you can do right now id to remove the Top Rated text from your title and only include your core skill/s in it.

Regrading the other points you flagged, I can confirm you have access to all available support options as shown in the screenshot below, taken from your account.

Also, you can register for the Top Rated Office Hours from the announcement we post in the Top Rated forum.

As for the exclusive invitations, if you're not yet part of any talent cloud you can submit an application for our Premium programs, but note that both regular and enterprise clients do have access to review and send invitations to Top Rated freelancers.

CS.png

Untitled
manickam_12
7 of 11

Thank you for your suggestions on title.I dont have 3D artist kind of skill in premium program.than i dont where to go for chat and phone.kindly send the link.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 11

Hi Manickam,

Feel free to share your questions here in the Community or if they are account-specific, you can use the Get Help button on the Help Center page to access the available support options.

Untitled
manickam_12
9 of 11

But i dont find chat and phone

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 11

Manickam,

I just checked and it looks like you have access to chat and phone support. Please, click "Get Help" button and share a bit more information about your question. If the presented information doesn't answer it, click "I still need help" and you'll see various support options.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS