🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Don't have access to Verified Phone Numbe...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

716 REPLIES 716
b73461cd
Community Member

I tried that option and it doesn't work. 

I wonder if this is related to the same account verification I am experiencing with the code not being sent to my email

Hi Deva Azkia,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
60ccf27e
Community Member

The support ticket UI keeps automatically closing/disappearing. I can't submit a ticket, nor can I get a verification pin. I feel like this feature needs to be looked into. It's not working as intended all the way back to 2018-2019 according to the forum post history. 

07120e2b
Community Member

Hello i trying to verfy my number but i didn't get message any code or pin, my phone number is correct. What i should i do? Thanks

07120e2b_0-1698139683140.png

hello can you please help me ? because i having same issue

Hi Diah Sekar,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello i still get issue, i already trying clear my browser cache and cookies. Andd trying different browser i still didn't get the code

Hi Diah Sekar,

Thank you for trying to troubleshoot this on your end. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to reach out to you via a support ticket. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns. 

~ AJ
Upwork

hello, I'm strugling with same issue, I've joind Upwork recently and set two factor verification and my phone number is correct but I'm not getting any verification code on my phone. please help

Hi Abderehman,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem, and when I try to submit a ticket for this to get solved, the UI's all buggy and asks for an entire form. Asking the last digits of my credit card used for payment method? Really? What has that got to do with a support ticket?!!! You already have my email.

Please fix this ASAP, since I cannot set a deposit method to withdraw my balance and cannot change my email address.

Hi Pablo,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. The team has already responded to your ticket and they'll continue assisting you from there. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, I've been trying since yesterday but I'm not getting any pins to my phone as well. Please help, thanks.

Hi Jiwoo,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
271d9972
Community Member

I am trying to use the Upwork site, but I have tried multiple times to verify my mobile phone number and no SMS containing the PIN is coming through. I have checked that the mobile number (including country code) is correct but no SMS messages are coming though.

How do we resolve this so I can use your portal??

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Support,

I am in Indonesia, and I don't get the SMS code. I need the SMS code to verify when I want to do job posting. I can't post job without the SMS code. I have confirmed that my phone number is correct, and I have some balance on that number. I also able to receive SMS from other number (proofing that my phone number is fine).

SMS from Upwork is never arrived to my phone. 

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I am not receiving PIN number from Upwork for mobile verification to post a job. My phone number is correct and I change it to correct country code (australia).

PLease help. 

912b9de1
Community Member

Hi Team Support,

Kindly help Im not able receive SMS code.  I need the SMS code to verify when I want to do job posting. I can't post job without the SMS code. I have confirmed that my phone number is correct, and I have some balance on that number. I also able to receive SMS from other number (proofing that my phone number is fine).

SMS from Upwork is never arrived to my phone. 

Hi Indotek,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c35f9eb0
Community Member

Dear friend from upwork!

I’m having a problem with sms verification for a few days already. I want to make a contact with a creator, but the SMS version doesn’t seem to work and I am unable access the request point, because your service doesn’t send me the verification code. Could you please help me? Your AI chat just takes my time and doesn’t give me the support I need. Please, help me out with this issue.

Hi Eva,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist you with the phone verification issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
clkagmi
Community Member

Hi there,

I've been a Top Rated Upwork freelancer for 8 years now and I'm really concerned by the direction the platform's technology seems to be headed in.

Today I tried to withdraw funds from my agency account. It said it needed two-factor authentication because it didn't recognize my device, which is weird because this is the only computer I've used in the last two months. But whatever, sure.

Except the two-factor authentication code never showed up to my phone. I waited five minutes. Nothing. Asked to have the code re-sent. Still nothing. Asked to have the code re-sent again. Nothing.

At this point I was told that "this verification method is no longer available" and automatically taken to a page which asked for loads of financial data going back YEARS, along with a notification that once I had used this form to prove that I was myself, my account password and two-factor authentication methods would be reset.

I obviously didn't want that, especially since I was not confident that the new password would be successfully sent to me by Upwork, so I tried to talk to support.

Now support used to be lovely and very easy to reach and get information from, but this time the support page repeatedly redirected me to an AI bot who kept insisting that it could solve my problems, then sending me totally unrelated information that had nothing to do with the problem I was having. 

At this point I decided to logout, wait for a while, then try logging in again. At which point I was again told that Upwork didn't recognize my computer, but at least this time the two-factor authentication codes arrived successfully so I didn't have to have my whole freaking account reset or spend the evening on the line with tech support.

So Upwork, can we please try to make sure that two-factor authentication messages actually arrive to freelancer's phones? And can we please keep tech support as actual human beings that can understand the problems we're having and not a bot that just extracts a couple of keywords and then spits generic how-tos at us?

I'm getting really concerned because if I were ever to get locked out ot my Upwork account entirely because of a two-factor authentication failure or something similar...well, that does not make a person feel secure about relying on an Upwork account for their income.

2297e2bc
Community Member

100% on the money (well subject)
I can't get the photo verification systems, web or phone, to take my picture. So HOW in the world can I get verifed at all?
Than God it's on;y $25 so far in the till.  I got screwed out of $50 when I left 5-Err

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

It looks like you've already been assisted through this support ticket and they confirmed that the verification is complete. 

Please let us know if our team can assist you with anything else. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clare, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I have shared your feedback with our team for further review and consideration.

In the meantime, I've also escalated your post so that Upwork Support can contact you to assist you with your concerns further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm also having the same problem.
Two Factor authentication texts are not coming. I opened a ticket to see it resolved.
If a system doesn't work, then why keep it?
I'd rather not use the two-factor authentication if it creates issues.

I hope they fix it soon.

Tomal

Hi Tomal,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I tried that option and it doesn't work. My old number is verified with my upwork account, which means everytime I try to change it a window pops up sending a code to the old number I have no access to. There is now way for me to change my number unless I have access to the old one it seems.

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I've tried 3 times to get the verification code sent to my phone but it isn't coming through!

Hi Annie,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi there,

I changed my phone number last year, and now Upwork is asking me to verify my old phone number because I have moved across the country. My account is connected to my email, however it won't give me the option of doing the two step-verification through my email so I can change my phone number. I'm hoping to be connected to someone from support so that I can verify myself via my email. Thank you for your time!

-Jacqueline Baker

Hi Jacqueline,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

My verified phone number is no longer active. I have updated my new phone number in contact info but still receiving the verification code from my old phone number. Can you please help me to fix the same.

You're kind assistance is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi Chastine,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
quantifyagency
Community Member

Good morning, I wanted to enter my "settings" section from my computer and it asks me for a confirmation via my cell phone. I send the notification to my cell phone but I never get any kind of notification to accept.

Please could someone help me, I already have this problem for months.

Hi Jose,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths