🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

716 REPLIES 716

Hi,

I changed my phone number a long time ago and I can see it on the setting page,

However, when I am trying to use another navigator or when I am in the IOS app, it asks for confirmation and sends the verification code to my old number that I don't use anymore.

What can I do so that Upwork will use my actual phone number(which is already on my contact info) for verification code?

Thanks

Hi Pety Ialimijoro,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi! I lost my phone and I need to change my phone number in upwork so I can receive OTP via text.

Hi Rose Ann,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, I had to make this account just to contact support. I can't log into my account because Upwork is requiring me to verify by text message. I have a new phone number and I cannot do this. How can I access my account? I need access ASAP

Hi Camilo,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I broke my phone and i cant access the settings on my Upwork acount because of the Authenticator App. Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi Nikola,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

When making my upwork account it says my phone number is already in use by another account, however I only had one other account and I've already closed that one and I don't think it had this number anyway as I recently bought a new phone. So I don't know who could be using my phone number but I could easily verify that it's my number if they just gave me that option. What should I do?

Hi Austin,

I'm sorry for how this could've inconvenienced you. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you. As a reminder, having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork TOS.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2ea4a9fe
Community Member

Hi,

I have been locked out of my personal email and also locked out of my old phone number.

I have been using Upwork for a long time and don't want to only have limited access.

I can't sign into the settings part of my account.

Could you please help me with this?

Hi Ali,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
94d2dc6f
Community Member

Dear Administrator
I'm Muhammad and I'm new to upwork. It's been 2 days that I've been trying to sign into upwork but it won't verify my phone number, it always says "Something went wrong. Please try again later". I don't really know what to do right now. I would be glad if you could help me with this.

Hi Mohammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mcmx
Community Member

HEllo Good DAy!... Please help I have problem on getting paid and going onto my settings cause it need 6 digit code into my phone number sad to say i lost my phone number i cannot access the code.. waht to do.. please help

Hi Mark,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
mcmx
Community Member

Hello Mam.
Thank you... Thank for the update.. will wait for it mam.. thank you again mam Andrea.

2a05e540
Community Member

Hello! I am trying to finish my upwork account, however everytime I try to enter my phone number and send the code, it gives me an error message of, "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

I have tried using a desk top, a laptop, and my phone, but they are all giving me the same message. I have also tried with wifi and without wifi in case it was a connection thing. I have also tried on chrome as well as safari. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Tracey,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f7a02a33
Community Member

I am currently travelling and no longer have access to my verified number, as my phone contract has come to an end. I simply use wifi on my phone at the moment and can't receive any texts as my number is no longer active.

When I return to the UK in a year I will get a new number but have no need for a phone until then as can get by just fine with whatsapp etc.

Please advise how I can continue without access to my old number / verification code?

Laura D wrote:

I am currently travelling and no longer have access to my verified number, as my phone contract has come to an end. I simply use wifi on my phone at the moment and can't receive any texts as my number is no longer active.

When I return to the UK in a year I will get a new number but have no need for a phone until then as can get by just fine with whatsapp etc.

Please advise how I can continue without access to my old number / verification code?

No idea what you mean. Why do you need a verification code? For what?

I clicked on 'Submit a Proposal' and it asked me to verify my mobile number. I typed in my original contact number (which I can no longer receive messages on) and it sent a verification code (see attached).

I am unable to access this and cannot submit any proposals until I enter a code and I don't have an active mobile number anymore.

Hi Laura,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
bb1c9c2c
Community Member

I receive an error message when trying to enter my phone number for verification. 

Hey Alyssa,

Phone number verification is not available for the users.

But just in case, try switching the network connections and restarting the app and device.

Hi Alyssa,

~Andrea
Upwork
d6a1f71c
Community Member

My phone number will not submit for me to receive the text message code. The error I kept getting says "Something went wrong. Please try again later.". I've tried multiple times over the last two days. 

Hi Sarah,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

You can contact support. I think support solve your problem.

Hi. I am having the same issue regarding the Two-Factor authentication.  Can someone help please. Thank you. 

Hi Kathrina,

~Andrea
Upwork
3733daab
Community Member

Hello, I am no longer able to log in to my main account as the email and phone number attached to it is no longer valid/working.

I have been using/logging into my upwork app through the mobile app's face verification method for a long time and only recently it asked for email/phone number verification which I can no longer provide because the email and phone number attached is no longer in used.

I have an ongoing contract and now my account is suspended... please help 😞

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to reply to you via the same ticket.

~ AJ
Upwork
a7ee6ec0
Community Member

I haven’t been able to log into my Upwork account for over a month. When I log in with my username and password, I can see my dashboard, but when I try to write something or make a change to my profile, I get a message saying that I need to enter the 6-digit code that was sent to my mobile device. However, I never receive anything on my phone or email, and I don’t have a security app like an authenticator.

I’ve had this problem for a long time and haven’t been able to talk to anyone from Upwork or chat or send an email so that someone can help me with this issue.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

We’ve escalated your post to a support ticket where one of our agents can assist you further. Thank you for posting in the community!

~ Grace

Thanks a lot Grace. 

3a4efd4f
Community Member

I am attempting to apply to a job and I am prompted to verify my phone number. Upon recieving the pin, I get an error that the pin is incorrect. Due to multiple attempts I am now getting an error message that says attempted to change the pin too many times. I am unable to apply to jobs. 

Hi Kaylee,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Verifying phone number.

Hi, I am trying to officially sign up to upwork but during stage 10 of the process it says for phone verfication. When I put my number in, I just wait and never get a text. I have tried to press resed etc and then eventaully it tells me I hae tried too many times and need to wait 24 hours. I have tried for about 3 days with no success. I am definitely using the right number and have tried my number with the "0" included and not included after the +44. Can someon help? cheers.

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths