🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

716 REPLIES 716
hamza7810
Community Member

Hi, My phone and Id has already been verified, but for some reason when I attempt to submit proposals, it asks for text verfication again and when I do, I dont recieve the code on my phone no matter how much I try to.

Different browsers don't make a difference, neither does refreshing my network or cache.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, thanks for replying, how long will it take till someone responds?

Hi Hamza,

Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7481ea98
Community Member

No text verification code was sent. Phone # has been checked.

Hi Eric,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
80ea7529
Community Member

Hello,

I was attempting to register and I kept clicking send code to my phone but nothing was ever sent.

Thank you,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
c0ab8313
Community Member

Hello, I've been trying for a few hours now to get a security code to finalize my account. Cleared cookies/cache, different browser, plus resubmitted the request a few times to no avail. Saw some mentions of people needing support tickets to get things working, I'd appreciate if I could get some help with this too. Thanks.

same here

Hi Leia,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Robert,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
938f0cee
Community Member

I am not receiving the text messages. I tried resending it a couple of times. What do I do?

Hi team,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
81bbd5c0
Community Member

I have tried on all devices including chrome but still no luck. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Hi Braxton,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
c82d9968
Community Member

Hello, I am in the final steps of setting up my account and am stuck on the step to verify the phone number. I have entered my number and tried several times to send the code, but the text messages are not coming through on my end. Any help is welcomed.

Hi Liss,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
rgs_fali
Community Member

In had turn in 2 step verification but some how i dont receive sms code. Then I changed it to security question. I dont know why I do not receive code as sms to my phone.

rgs_fali_0-1687451130581.png

Hi Fareeha,

~Andrea
Upwork
35e095f8
Community Member

I have just joined upwork... as part of the profile section, new users are asked to send a request for a code to their mobile number. I did this but the code has not come through.  I checked that my number is correct, I've tried a different browser, etc.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Hi Keith,

~Andrea
Upwork
35e095f8
Community Member

Thank you for the response, the code eventually came through about an hour later. All good thanks.

Best wishes.

I'm having the same issue, tried multiple browsers. It said my number was in use, then eventually sent me the verification code, but then the code did not work. Now I'm getting an error saying that I've input the PIN too many times. Been trying for a few days with no progress. Can someone help with this?

Hi Ben,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cjchung
Community Member

I've received the code on my phone. However, on the "Enter Your Code Here" pop up it's not giving me a way to actually type it in. I've tried updating and restarting my browser (Chrome) and resending the code. 

Hi Christina,

Could you please confirm how the issue behaves on your end? Does the page not let you select the first square in order to type or paste?

~Andrea
Upwork
ff5e1296
Community Member

I am having this same issue.

Hi Colline,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d63057bf
Community Member

I am not receiving the security code via SMS on step 11 of my application

Hi Eldar,

~ AJ
Upwork
5617ea0c
Community Member

Hello I am also not receiving my verification email. It is not in my spam or junk folders. and i need to verify my account

Hi Bede,

~ AJ
Upwork
c20c8f61
Community Member

I am attempting to apply for jobs. It keeps sending me to a place to verify my phone number. The text or call never comes with the 5 digit code. I have tried multiple browsers. I have tried clearing cache and cookies. Can anyone shed any light on what seems to be a common issue? 

Hi Amanda,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties applying for jobs. I can see that you've contacted our support team and raised a ticket about your concern. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to further review your case, and you will get an update on your ticket here once done. We truly appreciate your patience and utmost understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c20c8f61
Community Member

Thank you! 😊Yes, I have contacted support. I was looking for a solution that I could possibly implement immediately to solve my issue. 

cd67ab80
Community Member

Hi! I'm facing the same problem. I get the message "You attempted to change your phone number too many times. Please contact support ."

I've tried to find a way to reach out to customer support but it's impossible 😅. Any help? 
Thanks! 

Hi Jorge,

~ AJ
Upwork
fbb7fe9e
Community Member

I created my upwork freelancer's account after creating my client account. When I try to submit a proposal, upwork requires phone verification. But it doesn't send any code to my phone. Please help!

Hi Yan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths