🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

716 REPLIES 716
e9f6e1a4
Community Member

When i try to create client account after email verification form of phone verification appears when i put my number new pin send messeage appear but i can't receive verification on my phone. i'm trying from last 3 days but can't receive verification code even i try with different phone number but the issue is same verification can't receive

please solve this issue i guess its some kind of issue from your side

Hi Ali,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
762fa908
Community Member

I can not receive any message or call for verification. How can I solve that? 

Hi Alkim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket and one of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
09617a62
Community Member

Hi, 
I have the same problem. I cannot verify my phone number to finish setting up the account (I never receive the code in my phone). I"ve trying to look for support, however, the bot hasn't been helpful. 
It would be great to connect with a person to get to a solution. 

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry you're having trouble verifying your phone number. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e4b3c98f
Community Member

I tried several times and with different devices, the code just never sent to my phone. I'm sure I entered the correct phone number but I didnt receive any text or calls. Please help. 

WechatIMG11.jpg

Hi Scarlett,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of this delay. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you here with further assistance in completing your phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7af4fcac
Community Member

So I thought my issue was resolved. Upworks community members found an old account I guess I opened then didn't complete. I wasn't aware that was still out there. Anyways, deleting that account was supposed to allow me to receive the verification codes I was not receiving when verifying my number after clicking submit a proposal. I still get prompted to verify, still don't receive a code. Please guys I'm going on a month now of missed opportunities. I almost bought another phone to add here but geez can't we fix this? What else could be causing the issue because I deleted the extra account so that's not it. 

I think your original account was the one to keep since no other account was allowed (so your second would not be allowed).

Freelancers are only allowed one account, but they don't get to choose which one. Only the original one should be used.

Do not use another number, because you will be stopped again when you will get ID verification.

I appreciate that advice, and you’re right that does make sense. However, the original account was not set up. I wasn’t sure about freelancing but when I started I logged on and filled out the contact info only. When I got to the bio part and saw all the time I needed to invest in creating a profile, I backed out because I didn’t have the extra time to dedicate to it. Fast forward a few months, I assumed the profile would have been delegated bc of inactivity, so I created and built this profile. I have spent countless hours putting this profile together. I spent 5 minutes on the last one. Surely no one would blame me for wanting to keep this one. Regardless, the other account is deleted. It’s already done. So what is the answer moving forward? I can’t do anything about that other profile and it seems like once that was deleted, my number would work fine with this account. I receive the codes for verification when I sign in and when it asks at random other times. So why the problem ONLY when I try to submit a proposal?

At this point, you have to wait and see was Customer Support says. For your first account, I understand your profile was not complete, but the account was still created and counts for 1 account.

Maybe copy-paste your profile text in a word document in case they delete this account without notice and give you access to your original one.

No Sophie you misunderstood. That account was deleted long ago. There is no account to copy and paste to. 

well that's irrelevant the account has been deleted for a while now

Hi Traci,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7af4fcac
Community Member

Arjay I know you've been a great help. However, I am still not able to submit any new proposals because as soon as I click the submit button it prompts me into phone verification. As you know the codes never come to my phone. I have had 3 seperate techs try to fix this for me and it's still no use. I do have a question though. Are we only allowed to submit 1 proposal at a time ? I have had 1 active proposal and I just withdrew it. I didn’t want to withdraw my proposal, however, I have just had no luck and honestly I'm ready to just pull the plug and try another site like freelancer. I just can't find the answer as to why I can not send out any new proposals. I still can’t get the verification code sent to my text when prompted to verify my phone number. I have had more than 3 professionals look at my account and eventually think they have solved my problem. Unfortunately the issue is not fixed. I still can’t submit any proposals. It has been 20 days since I submitted this proposal, and there was still no contract on the table, so I started to wonder, and I may be wrong, but it seems as though I read in the community forum that freelancers are only allowed to submit one proposal at a time. I am wondering if this is why I have not been able to send any other proposals…because I had 1  job that has been in pending status? So, I withdrew  my submission today for two reasons: I believe 20 days in enough time to make a choice. If I was the best candidate, I believe I would have already been hired and I need to see if this pending proposal is the cause of my phone verification issues when trying to submit a proposal. Do you think this has some validity or no and if not has anyone figured out a solution to this? Outside of buying a new phone number , I don't have a clue. Theses no reason to stay on a site that I can't fully use.

Hi Traci,

You can submit multiple proposals at a time, as long as you have enough Connects to apply. A pending proposal does not hinder you from submitting other proposals too.

I checked on your ticket and it looks like you confirmed that the issue was resolved. If you're still having problems with the number you want to associate with your account, it would be best to update your support ticket so the same person who assisted you can efficiently check and further escalate your case if needed.

~ AJ
Upwork

Well I found a solution and I don’t know if it’s temporary or not but when I got that prompt again to verify my number I just punched in my girlfriends cell number. She happened to be at my house and I sent the code to her phone , which she got and I s as m now able to submit proposals. I haven’t been prompted again….yet. I still don’t understand why my number isn’t receiving the code. It gets the code when Upworks wants to verify my number at sign in. So why not at the time I click submit proposal? And now will her number be associated with my profile ??? I’m utterly confused about this one .

If you used her number to verify your account when you received the last prompt, then it's likely that her number is the one that's associated with your account now. From the previous message on the ticket you have with the team, it appears that they resolved the issue preventing you from verifying your number.

Would you mind posting on the support ticket once again so that they can make sure that your number is updated correctly? If you're having trouble doing so, don't hesitate to let us know, and we'll be happy to escalate your case if needed. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you, Traci.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
76a5e7b8
Community Member

I was not receiving the security code on my phone so now it says "you tried entering the pin too many times, contact support"

I have been trying for ages. What can I do? Help!

Restart letter maybe coming

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
4ec548e8
Community Member

I am trying to complete my profile set up. I am stuck at the last step. I have tried 20-30 times and i am still unable to receive the code.

Isnt there any other way to verify the phone number?

Hi Prachi,

I am sorry to hear about the issue while verifying your phone number. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
eacf3684
Community Member

Hello. I am new to UpWork and I can't apply to anything because my phone number verification keeps saying I have "changed the number too many times??" I have tried and tried to get support to no avail. Anyone know how to work around this? 

Thansk! 

Chera 

Hi Chera,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
dc887cc7
Community Member

Hi, I need a 6-digit code to authorize my device but I haven't recieved anything on my laptop or on my phone through the mobile app. Not sure where I'm supposed to go from here.

Hi Aoranos,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
lovely_oreo
Community Member

Every time I try to apply for a job it says I attempted to chage pin/phone number too many times. I have the same phone number that is listed on my account and it says for me to contact support. Please help! My account is I.D verified as well.

Hi Ashley,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while applying for jobs. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
navreetsingh
Community Member

Hello,

I am not able to apply new jobs. After clicking Apply Now, redircted to new URL "https://www.upwork.com/nx/phone-verification/?key=~01b9986a7dc314442a&from=apply" "Your phone was successfully verified."

Please check both screenshots as attached.

Looking forward to fix this error as soon as possible.

Thanks

Navreet

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Navreet,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
serdarb
Community Member

my phone updated but security code sms going to old number.

who is going to fix this?

from where i can contact support?

Hi Serdar, We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

You can monitor this ticket link for updates.

~ Ruth

Contact upwork support you need to update the numer to them too. It will be resolved after that.

Hi Serdar,

Thank you for your message. Could you please check if the new phone number is saved and reflected in the Contact Info page?

- Pradeep

Upwork
e83ac593
Community Member

Not receving text message verification code to complete upwork profile

Hi Stephanie,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here to assist you further with the phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
89982b5c
Community Member

I have attempted several times to verify my phone number but no codes are being received on my cell phone. Meanwhile, I have recieved text messages from others. Can someone from support contact me about this issue?

Thanks,

Ryan Watin

Hi Ryan,

I took a closer look and can confirm that your phone number has been verified. Your profile has been accepted as well, so you can now start submitting proposals to potential clients in the marketplace. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths