🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Don't work for me: Richie Matthews
Page options
e301f5b3
Community Member

Don't work for **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello, I want to leave this publication open to the public and hopefully **Edited for Community Guidelines** can see it.

I am new to Upwork, I had a lot of time wanting to be part of this platform but for one reason or another I never had the time... I'm a Computer Engineer, I was born in Venezuela and I'm currently working for a Startup in Colombia, Medellin.

I make this publication to file a complaint and warn the entire community that a gentleman of U.S. nationality named **Edited for Community Guidelines** has been my first client.

In the beginning everything was fine, here are the job specifications:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Start by solving the problem with your plugin that didn't allow you to receive the order and change the status to "paid" and then go on to the optimization and troubleshooting process.

Everything was completed successfully and at the right time.

When I did those jobs I realized that the plugin for gallery that I was using was the native wordpress and this did not fit the requirements that the customer asked in the optimization issue. So I quoted for an additional price the installation and configuration of a new plugin to help you solve this problem. Here began his bad attitude.

This person was extremely grocerous from this moment on, something he had not shown before... To the point that the last thing he said to me before blocking me and not letting me finish my work was: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Besides that, he asked me to perform tasks that were never in the specifications of the job and I was happy to perform them as they were:

- Make an update of all your plugins to correct an error of incompatibility of some functions of your site.
- Make a backup of its almost 28 thousand files distributed in folders from 2013 to 2018... Save them and send them to you and then proceed to link each one of your galleries to your facebook album.

Of course there were other problems that were being solved, but this last task is the one that did not let me complete because according to me had damaged your site (which for some reason was "broken" according to him, because I did not have time to review anything thanks to Mr. Richie made a restoration of its database without telling me anything, damaging part of the work I had already done).

The truth is that I don't care about anything this gentleman said to me, but I leave you here this anecdote in case one day this gentleman offers you a job... I think you should think twice.

Greetings to all the community and excuse my English, I'm using a translator and are not very good yet hahaha (Google, this paragraph is for you)

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

I'm so glad I got to see that before it gets deleted! The dramz on the weekend is always so good.

Jorge: I am sorry if you had a negative experience.

But your real problem is not a specific client.

Your real problem is that you don't know how to use Upwork properly.

You can't control what OTHER people do.

You need to understand the mistakes that YOU made, if you want to succeed here.

Excuse me, but if what you are telling me is that I should accept and also take this type of situation as something "normal", I think I seriously do not understand what this is about.

petra_r
Community Member

Jorge Z wrote:

I think I seriously do not understand what this is about.

Yup, sounds about right.

"...if what you are telling me is that I should accept and also take this type of situation as something 'normal'"

Nobody here said you should accept something.

Nobody said this type of situation is "normal."

Why are you using the word "normal" and putting it quotes?

The situation you describe is not normal.

And you should not accept this.

If you want help, you can receive help here. It is your choice.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths