🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dormant hourly contract
Page options
atifaimran
Community Member

Dormant hourly contract

Hi what should be done if a client stops to send work for an hourly contract. For example, the task was submitted only in the first week. Now, the client has not been responding to my messages. I dont want the contract to remain dormant for long. What should I do in this situation.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Atifa T wrote:

Hi what should be done if a client stops to send work for an hourly contract. For example, the task was submitted only in the first week. Now, the client has not been responding to my messages. I dont want the contract to remain dormant for long. What should I do in this situation.

How long since you last heard from the client and what is the problem with a dormant contract?

If you don't want a dormant contract, just close it yourself.

Neither (having it open or closing it yourself) does any harm to you (or your JSS in case that's what worries you. Don't keep writing to the client, the client knows where you are.

kat303
Community Member

You can message the client JUST once more and let him know that if there's no more work you would appreciate it if he would close the contract. You can also mention that if the client needs more work done in the future, he can just hire you again by clicking on the hire button. Then you can either leave the job open, or close it yourself if you don't hear from him.

As long as you got paid, whether you leave the job open or close it yourself, it will not affect your JSS (unless you have a ton of closed, no feedback jobs.)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members