Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Standards

lyambarreau
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
1 of 3

Hola!

So, it's no secret clients have always gotten away with more than freelancers, but with the implementation of this "job success", etc...can we expect clients to have "hire success", or something similar? Should a client not have to meet some kind of standard to continue to recruit? I see people with 50 jobs posted and a 0% hire rate.

Freelancers:

• Prompt in their responses
  • Consistent in their responses
  • Meet deadlines
  • Produce high quality work
  • And more...

As a freelancer, with the new "job success" - our response times effect our job success rating. But If I submit work and my client doesn't pay me until 13 days later, or a client doesn't respond to my application within 24 hours, or the client doesn't respond to EVERY applicant - what's their punishment?

With so much going on, I haven't looked at everything, but to me, freelancers have more objectives to meet to stay "stellar" and clients have none. 

And before anyone says "as a freelancer should perform those duties regardless of 'job success'" - I know. But if there's a day you're out and you're literally unable to respond, it's a pretty unfair punishment. 

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
2 of 3

From my experience many of those who came here to hire never hire. They were lurking or something. Many of those who hire once or twice never come back at all. Lastly, many of those who post jobs regularly and hire have options to use other freelance platforms if they wouldn't agree with any kind of "punishments". Conclusion: oDesk doesn't have any reason to punish people who came here because it's uncertain will they stay and pay anyway. On the other side, so many people across world need jobs, and they are strongly dependent on this and similar places. Maybe I'm wrong...

Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
3 of 3

I don't think they check much client-wise after verifying their payment. They operate a stict 18+ policy in theory, but frequently you see posts asking for essays to be corrected hurriedly because the 'client' has to hand in their homework tomorrow!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS