Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about TOS

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
11 of 14

@Melissa T wrote:

I'm like Preston, Rene. I hadn't considered the currency exchange at all. Do you have to pay exchange fees directly through Upwork on your earnings? Nearly 30% is a sizable hit. Yikes!

The exchange fees are applied when you send your earnings from your Upwork account to your bank. You send dollars and you receive Euros, minus the currency exchange fees.

The same way, when a client pays, their bank card/PayPal account is debited in their local currency, and the banks exchange it for Dollars, adding the exchange fee to the client in the process.

So going from Euros to Dollars and back to Euros is totally silly and expensive, but Upwork doesn't want to manage two currencies. So EU people have to live with it.

For this reason, all EU providers should consider disintermediation for their EU clients as soon as they reach the 24 months limit.

Edited: months, not moths!

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
12 of 14

@Rene K wrote:

For this reason, all EU providers should consider disintermediation for their EU clients as soon as they reach the 24 moths limit.

But I only have 12 moths. How can I get more moths?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
13 of 14

@Jennifer D wrote:

@Rene K wrote:

For this reason, all EU providers should consider disintermediation for their EU clients as soon as they reach the 24 moths limit.

But I only have 12 moths. How can I get more moths?

LOL 🙂

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
mrdanielprice
Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
14 of 14
The whole currency conversion thing is one of the reasons I prefer to do work off the platform when I can (prefer that any work advised is done so off-platform).
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS