cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down AGAIN?!

Highlighted
Janell B Member Since: Jan 6, 2016
31 of 49

Valeria - My time is not being recorded and this utterly scares me. I normally don't complain about the outages but what I will complain about is if my time is NOT being cached and not recorded. Again, this worries me.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
32 of 49

@Janell B wrote:

Valeria - My time is not being recorded and this utterly scares me. I normally don't complain about the outages but what I will complain about is if my time is NOT being cached and not recorded. Again, this worries me.

Despite multiple time tracker logins and popups with the new screenshots, I lost almost an hour of time before I gave up and quit working.

Poof.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
33 of 49

Hi Janell, Steven and others,

We can confirm that the time that was recorded in cache during the downtime earlier today will be uploaded and recorded in your reports.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
34 of 49

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Janell, Steven and others,

We can confirm that the time that was recorded in cache during the downtime earlier today will be uploaded and recorded in your reports.

What if we already recorded manual time for the same period? 

Frankly, how can a cache be created when one isn't logged in and the app wouldn't run for more than 60 seconds?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
35 of 49

Hi Steven,

In your case, you may keep the Manual time you have already recorded in your Work Diary. You should be able to restart the App and track time normally now.

Edit: It looks like the cached time has been uploaded and shows in your Work Diary currently.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
36 of 49

Valeria:

Is there an email in the works to clients and freelancers explaining why the outage occured and what Upwork is doing to prevent it from happening in the future?

That's how the big boys roll

Highlighted
Janell B Member Since: Jan 6, 2016
37 of 49
My time has now recorded. Phew! I don't mind the outages but I do mind not getting paid.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sandor M Member Since: Apr 26, 2011
38 of 49

Starting to be a joke.
Pretty much can't see a single improvement over the past months.
Website still slow. No small usability improvements made on tracker.
I get totally wrong jobs invitations.
Totally wrong recommended jobs.
Major downtime at least once per month.
Support not only that doesn't help, but they answer something so stupid, that my blood pressure is in the skies ( 2 month ago was that problem/downtime with lost hours. I asked them if there is some way to recover them if i provide them the tracker logs - and i provided it . I got  a couple answers , that i should add them as manual hours/whatever - obviously i know that since i'm not a complete moron, then silence for over a month. I accepted my losses, forgot about it, then 3 days ago i get a response on that old support request :
"Thank you for your patience.

Please restart the app and this should resolve the issue. If you continue to experience a problem please let us know and we'll alert our Technical team right away."
**Edited for Community Guidelines**? Did they think that since then, i never restarted the app? And anyway how that would have solved it. Even a no response was better. Or "sorry, we can't do anything, and we are closing this ticket" .

I have no idea why i'm staying. I should consult a psychiatrist, and see maybe i secretly a masochist or something.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
39 of 49

@Valeria K wrote:

(...)

Thank you very much for your patience.

What patience Valeria? Who said we're patient? We lost patience long time ago with this platform. You don't need to thank us for something we haven't given to you.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Mircea C Member Since: Sep 18, 2007
40 of 49

I'm not an active member here and searching didn't show anything. Apologies if this is alrady being discussed somehwere, please provide a link if so. Thanks.

I recently noticed, by pure chance, that I have worked around 4 hours but the tracker only recorded "officially" 3 hours of it. Upwork support confirmed this was an issue that day and was fixed. They say that I should contact the client and explain them, link to support issue, and either log offline time (which is not guaranteed payment) or have them issue a bonus (which only works if they accept it.) They can refuse both options, as per upwork policies. (My client won't as we're working for a couple years together, but other may not be that lucky).

I'm worried and frustrated as to this issue being passed away silently under the rug and probably most if not all freelancers being unaware that they lost worked hours. Also, who can be sure that this was an issue only that day, given that they were not transparent about it?

The tracker correctly counted the current worked time for "today", but did not do so on the "this week" time. I've confirmed the issue by also having a 3rd party tracking software for my personal use which also recorded the 4 hours. So given that the tracker knew at some level of the actual worked time, I believe upwork had the information to correct the worked time for all affected freelancers. But did not. They will probably say they did not have it. I'm running low on trusting that after this.

I believe that this is a pretty serious problem, working and work not being tracked properly, so something must be done about it.

Also, upwork not being transparent and proactive about such an issue, to notify evveryone affected is another pretty nasty issue.

Thoughts?

delphi freelancer
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS