Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down AGAIN?!

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
41 of 49

Hi Mircea,

I apologize for the inconvenience. As Valeria confirmed, the hour you're missing was recorder in cache and should be uploaded automatically to your Work Diary once your Team App reconnects to our server. I see you haven't used the Team App since yesterday so I would advise you log in and leave it for about an hour, to make sure the cached time is uploaded.

Let me know if you have any other questions and thank you for your patience.

Highlighted
Mircea C Member Since: Sep 18, 2007
42 of 49

Hello Vladimir.

Sorry for not replying but it seems that although I have configured my profile here to "Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in", because you, or someone else, moved/merged my topic to this one, we uncovered anotehr BUG in the system because I was not subscribed to this topic, hence I did not receive any message.

Which, mind you, cause dme to think that you guys deleted my topic and went silent on the issue.

Btw, the issue happened again on Sunday. I'm pretty sure it is not because of the cache, because, you see, there are 10 min time segments missing during continuous work. Your suggestion would be valid if the missing time was at the end of the work period, but it is during, which means that one 10 min segment went missing, the next few segments were uploaded just fine. It's definitelly a bug somewhere but it's not the scenario you are thinking of.

delphi freelancer
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
43 of 49

Hi Mircea,

I have checked and none of your Community posts have been removed, you should be able to view them all by clicking on your name in the upper-left corner. You can also subscribe to a thread by selecting the option in the Topic Options:

Screenshot_10.png

If you believe the time you tracked is missing, please submit a ticket with details (day/time) and attach logs as described in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Mircea C Member Since: Sep 18, 2007
44 of 49

You're out of scope.

I was pretty clear in what I wrote. If you don't understand, don't reply.

If a developer says the system has a bug, you, with no technical experience, do not come and explain the developer how to use the forum. Trust me, I've been using forums since you were in school, I know **bleep** well how to subscribe to a topic. Hell, I even wrote part of a forum software.

And if you were so nice as to check my forum posts, you could have well checked my supprot tickets and see that I have already reported the issue, already gave them time and logs and already was escalated to technical support days ago.

So absolutely nothing that you wrote is helpsull. Just wasted time, for both of us.

Ever since the merger, all of the odesk services went **Edited for Community Guidelines**. And we deal with that **Edited for Community Guidelines** since 2 years now. And because you had to merge with the only other real alternative, we're stuck with you. But that doens't mean that we need to shut up and suck it in.

You have a large pool of experienced professionals. Why in the world don't you employ some of them and tget all the issues fixed properly?!?!?

You know what happens when such a large pool or experienced professionals get fedup with a service without alternatives? I'm looking forward to that moment.

delphi freelancer
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jacob D Member Since: Mar 18, 2016
45 of 49

[From https://status.upwork.com/]

(Call me stupid - but doesn't "resolved" mean the problem was.... solved?)

Login & Registration, Messages & Notifications, Other site features or areas.
March 17, 2016 12:46PM PDT
[Investigating] Some of you may be having occasional issues with upwork.com. We’re aware of the issue and the team is working on fixing this right away.

March 17, 2016 2:58PM PDT
[Resolved] This issue is now resolved.

March 17, 2016 4:12AM PDT
[Identified] We’re currently having issues with upwork.com. Sorry for the disruption. The team is working on resolving this as soon as possible.

March 17, 2016 4:56AM PDT

March 14, 2016 8:40AM PDT
[Identified] We’re currently having issues with upwork.com. Sorry for the disruption. The team is working on resolving this as soon as possible.

March 14, 2016 9:43AM PDT

Login & Registration, Messages & Notifications, Other site features or areas
March 11, 2016 7:42AM PST

March 11, 2016 10:35AM PST

March 9, 2016 10:03PM PST
[Identified] Some of you may be having occasional issues with pages on upwork.com. We’re aware of the issue and the team is working on fixing this right away.

March 9, 2016 10:59PM PST
[Resolved] Resolved.

Login & Registration, Messages & Notifications, Other site features or areas
March 9, 2016 4:11PM PST
[Identified] Some of you may be having occasional issues with pages on upwork.com. We’re aware of the issue and the team is working on fixing this right away.

March 9, 2016 5:10PM PST

Highlighted
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
46 of 49

@Jacob D wrote:

[From https://status.upwork.com/]

(Call me stupid - but doesn't "resolved" mean the problem was.... solved?)

Lol.

It depends upon what the defintion of the word "resolved" is.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
47 of 49

"resolved" means they solved that particular issue

Of course in doing so they cause another issue which must then be "resolved"

That solution creates another issue............

rinse and repeat and you get shiny Upwork

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Chris K Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
48 of 49

I think the more accurate word is "resumed", as in, "We have resumed our previous outage which has been ongoing, but we keep mistakenly using the word resolved.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Russell T Member Since: Jul 25, 2015
49 of 49
Duct tape and bubble gum only holds for so long. Just ask Macguyver
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS