🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Downloading App on MacBook
Page options
sarahclarke63
Community Member

Downloading App on MacBook

For some reason, I cannot download the desktop app on my MacBook. When I click the download button from the download page, the Upwork file goes into my download bar. When I try to open the file, it loads, finishes then disappears without saying anything. I have tried everything in the troubleshooting guide but don't have the option to "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere".

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Sarah,

I would be happy to help. Apple introduced a new app security option called Gatekeeper that blocks our ability to install or perform upgrades. Because our desktop app is not currently an Apple-certified app, you need to disable this setting to use it. To learn more about Gatekeeper, read this article from Apple Support.

Once you change this setting, you will no longer see the "unidentified developer" warning. However, you will still be prompted to give permission to open an unknown application when you download and open the desktop app the first time.

You can find more information in this help article. Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi there,

Thank you for your help!

I do not receive a message. It just makes a beep and does nothing.

When I click the download button from the download page, the upwork file goes into my download bar. When I try to open the file, it loads, finishes, then disappears without saying anything. I have tried everything in the troubleshooting guide but don't have the option to "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere".

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members