🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dozens Of Proposals but NO JOBS
Page options
maqsood12345
Community Member

Dozens Of Proposals but NO JOBS

Hello,

I have just heard that Upwork Community is an effective solution to Queries.

This is Maqsood; I specialize in content writing for the last 4 years. I have been on Upwork for more than a year. I have been bidding here on tons of jobs with eye-catching proposals and overall marketing my services. I have not got any order yet but bringing some direct clients to upwork for the work. Can anyone help me, why I am not getting the clients on Upwork?

I have tried all types of the cover letter + catchy profile and all that!!!

Can you help me? Please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your proposals are presented to clients.

There was a time a few years ago when Upwork was "auto-hiding" some proposals. But it no longer does that.

All proposals are provided to clients. A client may not look at them all. But your proposals are not being diverted or withheld.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
prestonhunter
Community Member

Writing is an enjoyable hobby for many people. It is not necessary for you to get hired on Upwork in order for you to write.

You may need to choose between the following options:

a) earning money

b) writing

c) getting serious about working as a writing freelancer on Upwork

Note that most people who seriously use Upwork for income purposes do NOT try to do so as "content writers." That is a very competitive niche. It may ultimately not be one in which you personally can succeed. There may be a disconnect between: [your ability] [your drive] and [the demands of the marketplace] and [available opportunities].

learning New Lessons!

But I am asking, Is it possible that Upwork may not be showing my proposals to clients?

Your proposals are presented to clients.

There was a time a few years ago when Upwork was "auto-hiding" some proposals. But it no longer does that.

All proposals are provided to clients. A client may not look at them all. But your proposals are not being diverted or withheld.

Preston H wrote:

Are you sure about that? Because Upwork was still moving proposals deemed a "bad match" into a different folder as recently as one year ago. (I agree that this probably isn't the OP's main problem, though.)

Christine A wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Are you sure about that? Because Upwork was still moving proposals deemed a "bad match" into a different folder as recently as one year ago. (I agree that this probably isn't the OP's main problem, though.)

My understanding (just from reading the forum) is that proposals which score too low on Upwork's "relevance" algorithm are initially hidden but available on clicking a "more" button. They are no longer archived or labelled "not relevant", as they apparently have been in the past.

Richard:
Yes, this is what I see as a client.

Preston H wrote:

Richard:
Yes, this is what I see as a client.

So there IS a pretty good chance that clients don't see all proposals if they don't know that they're supposed to click on the link (also assuming that they're not swayed by seeing that some freelancers are marked "best match" - or has Upwork stopped doing that?).

But my understanding is that they are archiving all those proposals they deem are "not fit" for go ahead. Personally too, I have been filing super fit proposals for the past one year but have not received a single order. 

Maqsood Ahmed S wrote:

But I am asking, Is it possible that Upwork may not be showing my proposals to clients?

Upwork are clearly showing your proposals to the clients. Unfortunately, the clients aren't interested.

Upwork is literally drowning in "English-as-a-second-language" freelancers trying to earn money writing. It was über-competitive even before the pandemic.

Only those with very strong English skills and an impressive portfolio tend to succeed.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If you want to be hired to write content in English, then you need to correct all of the errors in your profile overview and portfolio pieces; in particular, you don't seem to know when words should be capitalised or not. You might also want to find somebody who can proofread your work before you send it to clients.

lysis10
Community Member

I could probably send 1000 proposals to NASA to be a quantum physics scientist and wouldn't hear back at all either. Know your limitiations, OP.

kinector
Community Member

Improve your profile.

Try to make it more appealing than the profiles of your competitors.

For instance, your video just lists some keywords and doesn't tell a thing about you.

Also, getting your English 100% correct would give a better impression... you being a writer and all.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths