cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draft Profile

hexahive
Active

Hi, 

newbie here. Sorry to open the thread with this theme again, but I've searched threads database, and I could see that everyone who encountered this situation had different and specific reasons. What I want to know is whether I just have to wait for someone to check my profile and approve it, or I have made a mistake somewhere - or failed to do something that I should ? 
I've completed a few tests, and plan doing some more later. I've also finished with the tax form and the one regarding money transfers. I wrote info about myself, added portfolio info and links, and also entered my work history. Is there anything else I have to do that i have missed ?

I believe this is the link to my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0114dab4498a1685fd

Nemanja Slavkovic

graphic designer

Šabac, Serbia.

4 REPLIES 4
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nemanja, welcome to Upwork!

I had a look at your profile and would suggest focusing your Title further, as described in this Help article and blog post. You also need to remove the link from your overview and Portfolio area, and upload the samples from your online portfolio to your Upwork Portfolio.

Let me also share a few other resources that you may need as a new freelancer on Upwork. You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Hep Center. You need to focus your profile title to accuretly reflect your area of expertise, make your profile overview more descriptive and include more information about your skills and past experience.

I also advise watching our educational videos and reading the best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread.

Untitled
prestonhunter
Community Guru

Nemanja,

When I read your profile overview text, I imagine that you are a talented graphic artist.

But you have you no portfolio.

A portfolio is very important for a graphic artist on Upwork.

I have hired many artists on Upwork in the past. If you applied to my job, I would not hire you because you have no portfolio.

The single "portfolio item" you have is what you claim to be a link to your online portfolio elsewhere? What on Earth? Why not show me some nice pieces here? Why make me go hunt for it? When I try to click on the link, it looks like it's a Google drive link, and the link doesn't work.

So now I feel like you're wasting my time, and maybe trying to run some kind of scam on me, trying to get me to download malware onto my computer or something.

jparan123
Active

I encountered some problem regarding my draft profile.Please help me with this matter.I already put all entry in my profile but still it's a draft.Your help will bring me to a glittering path unto my bright future

Hi Jacob,

There is still a lot that needs to be improved in your profile overview before you can get started on Upwork. Please expand your profile overview and clearly describe your skills and experience. Make sure your overview, title, name, certifications, employment and education history sections do not have spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors, and the words are capitalized where appropriate. Also, you may want to hide tests with low scores until you are able to re-take them.

Please read the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Hep Center I also advise watching our educational videos and reading the best practice advice shared by other users:

Building a Freelancer Profile

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS