🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Drop in 'Clients who would recommend you'
Page options
monikadeveloper
Community Member

Drop in 'Clients who would recommend you'

Yesterday my score was 75% and I received a great feedback from one of my client and today when I checked my score it is 64%. I don't know whether it is due to last contract ended or it is average of last few contract including last contract. I am sure last client has given me great private feedback as well but I don't know the exact reason of droping of  'Clients who would recommend you' score. Will it going to decrease my jss as well ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Monika, 

I just looked at your profile and it is at 93%. So there has probably been an update as you posted here!  

If you can keep it at this level then it shouldn't be long before you are top rated. I would advise you not to discuss your feedback with your clients. It is really is very unprofessional and judging from your public feedback - your reviews are stellar. So don't get disheartened by a lower than 5-star rating, it is not the end of the world! 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Monika M wrote:

I don't know whether it is due to last contract ended or it is average of last few contract including last contract.

That metric does not update every time a contract closes, but every several contracts (we tend to think it's 5 but nobody knows for certain), so it could easily be one of the last 5 that ended. Quite possibly the one with the 4,3 feedback.

That said, 64% means that you have a really significant problem with client satisfaction and one you need to find the reason for and address.

I don't know how this score is being calculated as most of the clients do not have any signle issue with me and most of the clients used to rehire me, 

Monika M wrote:

I talked with most of them and most of the client thinks that if they give highest score on recommendation then upwork will going to recommend freelancer to their friends and family and they do not want that. Most of the new clients think upwork will going to contact their family and friends if they recommend.

Sorry, that's just nonsense. You know, I know, and every client knows that even if Upwork wanted to contact the client's friends and family, they couldn't because (obviously) they don't have any way to do so. Upwork don't have any contact details for anyones friends and families.

Other freelancers don't seem to have clients who think that so, apart from the fact that discussing private feedback with clients is both inapropriate and unprofessional, I am stunned that "most" of yours would have stated something so utterly bizarre.

I haven't discussed with any client what private feedback you have given to me or what it will be, I have just read somewhere about user's feedback, that may be a spam. 

I just want to know will decrease in recommendation score will leads to decrease in job success score ?

I had  recieved only one feedback after previous job success score. I am really worried as every client seems to be happy during delivery of projects.

Monika, 

I just looked at your profile and it is at 93%. So there has probably been an update as you posted here!  

If you can keep it at this level then it shouldn't be long before you are top rated. I would advise you not to discuss your feedback with your clients. It is really is very unprofessional and judging from your public feedback - your reviews are stellar. So don't get disheartened by a lower than 5-star rating, it is not the end of the world! 

Your advice is of million worth.  So I think best way is to focus on work and getting more possitive feedbacks rather then disussing feedback here. 

Thank you very much. 

Monika,

Do discuss your feedback here, or any problem, that is what the forum is for! Petra has already given you great advice.

Just don't discuss your feedback with your clients! For one thing, they can only change public feedback (with the freelancer's permission), but they can't change private feedback once they have given it, so the impact on a freelancer's JSS would remain about the same. 

Monika M wrote:

I just want to know will decrease in recommendation score will leads to decrease in job success score ?

I don't think so, because the contract that's most likely to have caused the drop happened before the last update.

Thank you  Petra for answring my questions. I will try to impress every client with my work so that I do not have to worry accout lower  score 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths