🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Drop in Job Success Score, profile views,...
Page options
motionartist
Community Member

Drop in Job Success Score, profile views, rating delay and conflicting information

Greetings community,

I am reaching out to you as I need some answers in regards to several weird issues I am experiencing. I have been a freelance for about 5 years always with 100% Job Success Score as well as 100% client recommendation. As of now I have completed 55 jobs, 53 with 5 stars ratings and 2 with a 4.8 rating. These two low rating are from 4 years ago.

This week I noticed several strange things:

- In my Profile, the JSS dropped from 100% to 96%

- On my Stats, the JSS dropped from 100% to 97% (in clonflict with the Profile percentage)

- Client recommendation went from 100% to 98%

- From July 26 to August 16, my Profile views dropped to 0

- Another successful project was completed a week ago yet it does not show on my profile, yet, another successful was completed yesterday and it showed right away.

I don't check these things often so I wouldn't be able to tell if this is something that happened all at once, I do know that it was not like that about 2 months ago.

I read somewhere that there are various things that can affect the JSS, which are low rating in private feedback, low rating in public feedback, inactive contracts with no earnings and having long list of closed contracts with no rating. None of these applies in my case.

What could have possibly happen that I am experiencing all these changes, issues and conflicting information?

I strive to great service so I feel a bit dissapointed that I now longer have the 3 digits I got so used to for the past 5 years. Hope to have some ideas on what is causing it and what can I do on my end to solve it.

Thanks in advanced!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Charley F wrote:

1 In my Profile, the JSS dropped from 100% to 96%

2 On my Stats, the JSS dropped from 100% to 97% (in clonflict with the Profile percentage)

3 Client recommendation went from 100% to 98%

4 From July 26 to August 16, my Profile views dropped to 0

5 Another successful project was completed a week ago yet it does not show on my profile, yet, another successful was completed yesterday and it showed right away.

1 That means you got poor private feedback

2 Today is update day. Ignore what you see today, it always goes wonky on update day

3 That is the proof you had poor private feedback. It dropped less than the jSS because it's a lifetime metric, whereas the the JSS is the best of your 6 month, 12 month and 254 month ratings.

4 They didn't - the counter is broken.

5 Hourly contracts show after they've been billed (after Monday afternoon) whereas fixed rate contracts show when the first payment is released.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Charley F wrote:

1 In my Profile, the JSS dropped from 100% to 96%

2 On my Stats, the JSS dropped from 100% to 97% (in clonflict with the Profile percentage)

3 Client recommendation went from 100% to 98%

4 From July 26 to August 16, my Profile views dropped to 0

5 Another successful project was completed a week ago yet it does not show on my profile, yet, another successful was completed yesterday and it showed right away.

1 That means you got poor private feedback

2 Today is update day. Ignore what you see today, it always goes wonky on update day

3 That is the proof you had poor private feedback. It dropped less than the jSS because it's a lifetime metric, whereas the the JSS is the best of your 6 month, 12 month and 254 month ratings.

4 They didn't - the counter is broken.

5 Hourly contracts show after they've been billed (after Monday afternoon) whereas fixed rate contracts show when the first payment is released.

Hello Petra,

Thank you for your feedback, that is interesting. I wonder what can prompt a client who throughout the project has been commenting how happy they are during the work in progress, leaves you a 5 stars rating with a lengthy possitive feddback about their experiences, yet, leaves a negative private feedback. Sad.

For this point on, how long does it takes or how many projects with 5 stars to get it back to where I was before?

And for the sake of general knowledge (and assuming it is public information), what is the the number from 0 to 10 that affects the freelancer? 

In regards to #5, I onIy work only hourly and the payment was even early released last week.

Charley F wrote:

For this point on, how long does it takes or how many projects with 5 stars to get it back to where I was before?

The way percentages work means you won't get back to 100% until the poor outcome falls out of the 6 month calculation window. 

For what it's worth, looking at your profile, I'd be inclined to think it's been like that since July. There are two ended contracts that differ from the others.

That said, your JSS is still great, you are Top Rated Plus, your clients clearly largely love you, and I would not worry.

Hi Petra,

Looking forward to the next round and get my 3 digits back. Thanks again for the feedback and comments!

Charley F wrote:

Hello Petra,

Thank you for your feedback, that is interesting. I wonder what can prompt a client who throughout the project has been commenting how happy they are during the work in progress, leaves you a 5 stars rating with a lengthy possitive feddback about their experiences, yet, leaves a negative private feedback. Sad.

And for the sake of general knowledge (and assuming it is public information), what is the the number from 0 to 10 that affects the freelancer? 

No one outside Upwork knows for sure,  but it's suspected that anything less than 9 out of 10 means that the job is considered not completely successful. (This is for the main private feedback question,  which is something like "How likely are you to recommend this freelancer?")

Hi Richard,

What you explain kind of makes sense. From 55 completed jobs only 1 gave a negative private feedback which equals to 98% which indeed aligns with the "People who will recommended me" that shows in "My Stats" at 98%.

The question now is, if the number is a 98%, which is the JSS at 96%?

I guess we will never know.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

a_lipsey
Community Member

Charley F wrote:

Greetings community,

I am reaching out to you as I need some answers in regards to several weird issues I am experiencing. I have been a freelance for about 5 years always with 100% Job Success Score as well as 100% client recommendation. As of now I have completed 55 jobs, 53 with 5 stars ratings and 2 with a 4.8 rating. These two low rating are from 4 years ago.

- In my Profile, the JSS dropped from 100% to 96%

- On my Stats, the JSS dropped from 100% to 97% (in clonflict with the Profile percentage)

- Client recommendation went from 100% to 98%

Your JSS on your profile and your stats (including client recommendation) update separately. Give it a day to match up. 

- From July 26 to August 16, my Profile views dropped to 0

This is an ongoing bug that Upwork is working on. It's incorrect. 

- Another successful project was completed a week ago yet it does not show on my profile, yet, another successful was completed yesterday and it showed right away.

When it shows up on your profile has to do with when the payment is processed and if they completed giving feedback. If there are no earnings yet (if one was fixed and one was hourly) then payments are processed at different times so you would have them show up at different times.

I don't check these things often so I wouldn't be able to tell if this is something that happened all at once, I do know that it was not like that about 2 months ago.

I read somewhere that there are various things that can affect the JSS, which are low rating in private feedback, low rating in public feedback, inactive contracts with no earnings and having long list of closed contracts with no rating. None of these applies in my case.

It's likely one of the recently closed jobs had less than perfect private feedback, and if it was a larger job, then it's weighted heavier in the JSS. 

What could have possibly happen that I am experiencing all these changes, issues and conflicting information?

I strive to great service so I feel a bit dissapointed that I now longer have the 3 digits I got so used to for the past 5 years. Hope to have some ideas on what is causing it and what can I do on my end to solve it.

Thanks in advanced!

Hope that helps. 🙂

Thank You Amanda, is clears some of my questions. Regards.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths