Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropped from Rising talent program

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Karolis S Member Since: Jun 11, 2019
11 of 17

Probabally RT is not that huge of a deal, but as far as freelancing platforms work you have to have rating or nobody serious will bother hiring you.

So there's few ways to solve it 1) You keep bidding realistically based on your skill (with no rating or too small of a rating sample size lets say) and get virtually no hires, because client sees no work history of you and probabally thinks you are just another scam profile. And eventually (from what I've gathered) you can get your account suspended if you bidding too much without getting hired.

2) You get invited into RT program. And you get a kick start, client sees that you have potential (due to that badge) and as UW claims "RT members get payed 50% more". Until you can land that JSS.

3) Or just to gobble those few projects, you end up doing work (and I know that 98% + of freelancers in my field of work on this platform deliver worse product than I and that is not even boasting) which in terms of quality 10 times surpases the actual budget. So you end up pretty much doing charity work.

Edit: Client also told me he did not leave a lower private review compared to public one. So it seems like there is something off within the system.

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
12 of 17
This widget could not be displayed.
Many clients present themselves falsely in public then whammy you privately.

I don't think one can be kicked out of the program. You moved into JSS and that's a different race to the top.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
13 of 17

I wish I had that JSS, but I believe I still lack several projects (currently at 3 completed with 2 different customers).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 17

Karolis S wrote:

I wish I had that JSS, but I believe I still lack several projects (currently at 3 completed with 2 different customers).

You probably only need one more with a different client to get a JSS.

That said, be careful what you wish for.

Whatever counted as unsuccessful enough to knock you out of the RT program will also affect your JSS, and no JSS is better than a poor one.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
15 of 17

i wonder if i should hire myself and give 5.

/joking

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 17

Karolis S wrote:

i wonder if i should hire myself and give 5.

/joking

Yes, that will resolve all your Upwork problems because you'll be kicked off the platform.

/not joking

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
17 of 17

Yes, I already figured you can get banned for a lot of things here.

But it would be near impossible for UW to prove if somebody did that... so thats almost a non functional clause.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS