Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped in JSS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mandar G Member Since: Mar 2, 2017
1 of 14

Hello,

My JSS was 100% and now it dropped to 88%, Please can i know the reason for it. as i don't have any completed job with less 5 stars.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard L Member Since: Dec 14, 2016
2 of 14

One of the more ridiculous policies on Upwork is that we can't know how our JSS is calculated. I get random deflections all the time. I just dropped from 91% to 89% knocking me out of the Top Rated program...and I have no idea why it went from 93 to 91 though. Clients can publicly love you and hand you duds behind the scenes. it's just nonsense. The developers should use their own product and learn from it or hire users as beta testers. I report stuff all the time and they keep adding new broken features without fixing the old broken ones...The best was when I had to sign off on a violation and they wouldn't tell me what it was. Sometimes it really feels like 'them or us' and at the same time all they are doing is stopping freelancers from earning... I'm at a loss as to some of their business logic.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 14

Yes, Even i didn't understand why mine JSS dropped. I got three work in progress jobs, out of that two client's are not respoding to my messages, Is it becasue of that and if i end those contract on my own will JSS go down more? I hope somebody help me with this.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard L Member Since: Dec 14, 2016
4 of 14

From what I understand, another unique feature of JSS is that if you end the contract rather than the client your score takes a hit. Explain the logic to me there? I don't know. 

Don't take my word for anything--contact support. Ask them. That is what they are there for.

I have several contracts open... you take a hit if you leave them open. you take a hit if you close them. you take a hit unless you make them pay you more by nagging. The people who built the system are not thinking any of this through.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 14

Very True, I have two client's who are not respoding to my messages, I completed the given work properly and within the given time and now they are not respoding and it affected my JSS, so it is me who's JSS has affected without my fault in it and i am here new here, With Low JSS it's tough to land new jobs. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 14

@Richard L wrote:

From what I understand, another unique feature of JSS is that if you end the contract rather than the client your score takes a hit. Explain the logic to me there? I don't know. 

No, that's not accurate at all.

The reason freelancers are encouraged to let clients close the contract is that a pattern of contracts with no feedback impacts JSS, and clients are forced to leave feedback if they close the contract. If the client leaves you feedback after you close the contract, it makes zero difference in your JSS who did the closing. And, if you have only a small percentage of contracts with no feedback, it won't hurt your JSS to close the occasional contract yourself and not get feedback.

Highlighted
Przemek F Member Since: Jan 26, 2016
7 of 14
I took so many hits I want to leave...
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
8 of 14

Hi, 

Please can any moderators,Top Solution Authors,Top Kudoed Members help me with this and help to figure out why there is a drop in the JSS.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 14

It is probably a combo of private feedback and inactive contracts which has / have been inactive for too long. Did your "clients who would recommend me" score drop?

A client saying you did "a pretty good" job and feels the need to point out mistakes on a job where they specifically demanded 100% accuracy  in the job posting likely did not leave fully glowing private feedback. "Pretty good" is a polite way of saying "not good enough!"

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
10 of 14

Hi Petra,

No my "clients who would recommend me" score didn't drop. It is still 100% . What a feedback has to do with the droping in the JSS. The client you talking about gave me 5 stars and he wanted to get the job done in less time and he accepted that there was less time to complete the job and he was happy with the completed work .

As far as my open jobs are concerned out of three, two clients are not responding to my messages, even though i completed the job as they wanted and that too within the given time. On my behalf even Upwork support team mailed one of the client and he didn't responded to them as well. I dont see my fault in it. It's like freelancers has to suffer because of some unprofessional client's. 

If end two of the contracts on my own, will it affect my JSS more?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS