🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Not able to login to upwork desktop app
Page options
amor_straissan
Community Member

Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later.

It won't let me login with my Desktop app. 

212 REPLIES 212

Hi Sadia,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

My problem is solved by using this Ticket which was generated by you. Thank you so much.

Why it happened to me!? Though i am not 100% sure but still i assum that, in my case my id's login was "blocked" for computer browser due to security reasons and when Upwork Guru reset my Upwork cookies then i was able to login to my account again.

Will this happen again!? I think yes, it could happen agin when Upwork feels like my account is not secure.

What caused it!? Last time when i was trying to login to my account, at that moment my internet speed was too slow but still i tried to login in 3-4 times ( that login try went for 15 minuets). I let Upwrok take it's time to let me login but still at 5th try finally my internet speed came back and i was logged in. But today ( after 18 hours) when i logged out and try to relogin again, then that message popup " Due to techniqal difficulty.... etc ".

Hi. We are experiencing the same errors. How do we solve this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Queenie Marie,

Are you experiencing this issue with logging into your Desktop App or into your account via browser? 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am experiencing the same error

194e3427
Community Member

HI Straissan,

How are you?

I was also facing this problem so all I do is clear all data and cookies from my chrome browser. Now It's working fine. You can also try that. If you are using another browser do the same thing and you are good to go.

Thank you. 

petra_r
Community Member

ZAIN UL A wrote:

HI Straissan

You can also try that 

Chances are that 13 months after the event, she's fixed it....

Hi Petra, I'm facing the same issue "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later." (Please see attached file), How could this be solved? Thanks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dexter,

Please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article under section "Unable to Log In". If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am getting this message every time I try logging in to Upwork desktop app " Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

Hi Addah,

As a workaround, could you please try logging in to your Upwork account on browser so it will ask you to complete the CAPTCHA? After that, you should be able to login to the Desktop App as well. 

You can also try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article under the "Unable to Log In" section. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am also facing this problem, but can easily login in the browser window.

I tried to login on my browser and I was not asked for some capcha. I am able to login, the only problem is on my desktop app, Im unable to login from my PC with the error, but it's okay when I use other PC/desktop.

Hello. I älso have the same problem. The app works fine in Android (even in iPhone) but in my Windows 10 PC does not. It shows "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later. 

Did you find a solution?

Hi, Yes I submitted a request and my account was cleared the next day.

Hi,
I am having problem to logging in into upwork app.Can anyone help urgently.
I have tried to clear cache.Uninstalled and Installed app by downloading latest version.Tried to use other operator network also but still getting the technical error.I have also tried connect or disconnect the google 1 click log in and tried to login using uowork user name to sogn in.Let me know how to fix it As i have to complete hourly projects.
My username is **Edited for Community Guidelines**
My ip is **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Please help me urgently

Hi All,

Thanks for flagging the issue to us and trying the troubleshooting steps. The team is currently investigating this issue further and is working to address it as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks.Let me know when its fixed

hello i am also experiencing this issue. pleas do the needful as I need to complete my projects

Please help me, I can't log in, everything is fine on another computer. But I need this app here too

Hi Nikola,

The only thing I can consider for that help article  is the "unable to login" since I'm having error during loggin in to the app, so I checked "Connected services" and I see I have already Disabled the authorization for google, I guess that's not the problem. I have also cleared cache on my browser, I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and it's still not working. Hope someone can help

Here are the actions I did, but it's still not solved:
- Remove unnecessary Extensions
- Browser clear cache
- Uninstall/reinstall the app
- Disconnect the google from "connected services"
- Updated the "Windows update"
and still not solved...
I tried in other PC/Desktop and it's working, but on my PC, it has this error, why is that?
Please help me. Thanks

samkingmarketer
Community Member

Hi I'm Suman. I just changed my google and upwork password and after doing so I can't log into my tracker. It keeps saying "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request.Please try again later" Please help I can't serve my clients untill I fix this. Thanks

Hi I'm faceing same problem, how did you fix it? please help

Hi, I'm facing the same problem that started last night. Can someone help me fix this, please?

Hi SUMAN,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. As a workaround, could you please try logging in to your Upwork account on the browser so it will ask you to complete the CAPTCHA? After that, you should be able to login to the Desktop App as well.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, Bojan I have tried that but getting the same error. Thanks for the reply. what can I do now?

Hi SUMAN,

I'm sorry to hear that issue persists. Could you please try to reinstall the Desktop App as instructed here? Also, you can try to install the 32-bit version from here

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
shahzadwaheed0
Community Member

I am not able to login into the Upwork time tracking app. It keeps saying, "Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

I have tried logging in using my email and also tried logging in via Google but the problem still not going away. I also tried uninstalling and installing other beta and simpler versions but the problem is still there?

Thanks 
mtezaan
Community Member

when I runn upwork time track. I got this error "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later". Can you resolve my issue?

puda
Community Member

Exact same issue but on Firefox only. Chrome and the app are working fine.

kpabilona
Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same Error. Tried uninstalling and installing current and beta versions but still no luck. I have this problem since yesterday I tried to sleep and hopefully it will be fixed after. Please fix I have deadlines to finish.

Thank you,
Kenneth

Hello! I also having the same issue with the same message. Please can you help? Thank you!

I'm also facing the same issue yesterday. 

I tried:

1. To clear the cache and deleting the "Upwork" folder on the AppData folder.

2. Reinstall the  application

3. Install the beta version.

But no luck. Anyone facing this issue?

BTW, I have no problem logging in the web browser.

15bbb9f6
Community Member

Good evening! I can't log in to the Desktop App. It appears a message that says "Due to technical difficulties...". I installed the app again but it didn't work. Please can you help me? Thanks!

I am having the same issue 😞

Hi everyone,

Thanks for flagging the issue to us and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. The team is currently investigating this issue further and is working to address it as soon as possible.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I tried to uninstall/reinstall all versions but no good news. Please resolve this issue
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths