🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Desktop App isnot working
Page options
amor_straissan
Community Member

Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later.

It won't let me login with my Desktop app. 

212 REPLIES 212

Hi Jevil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mdmoniruzzaman83
Community Member

It's the same for me. Aditi, did you resolved it? 

arthur_ronquillo
Community Member

hello im currently experiencing this. i am logged in yesterday, then when I open my messages it prompted me to sign in. 

Hey, I contacted the support and it seems there's problem with their 64 bit version. The support told me to install the 32 bit version instead and it work perfectly fine. 

ISSUE SOLVED 100%...
Im facing the same issue and upwork solved it. You should try to uninstall/reinstall the app from 64 bit to 32 bit and it's 100% working at my end. Thank you so much upwork, you're a life saver..

anna317marie
Community Member

Can somebody kindly assist me. I am not able to log in to Upwork tracker. There is a technical issue showing. I already tried those in the article regarding fixing issues. I also uninstall and reinstall but still I am having the same error message. Thank you.

I am having same problem while trying to login, need help

shahzadwaheed0
Community Member

I see this error when I try to login to the Upwork time recording machine, "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

here is what I have already tried: 

logging out and trying to login again

disconnecting Google service from upwork and then trying login with my user name

reconnecting the Google account

uninstalling the current app and installing different version including beta version

Nothing worked for me, need help as I am missing my work hours. 

Thanks 🙂

uninstall the 64bit and installthe 32 bit. this worked for me

Thanks it worked for me too

Thanks that worked for me as well!

Thank you for this workaround. 

yes it works , thanks 

Hi

Thanks a lot It worked for me too.

jasmineong_04
Community Member

Hi Upwork, my desktop app is not working again. This time, whenever I enter my email/username, the app won't go to password and says
"Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later." DESKTOP APP NOT WORKING.JPG

This is the second time that I've experienced problems with my desktop app. I don't log-in using Google and I enter my username/email manually. 

Operating System is Windows 10, Lenovo laptop.

Hope I can get assistance from this as soon as possible. 

Thank you!

chalvie
Community Member

I cannot log in to my tracker as it says T"Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later." I tried to uninstall/reinstall but no good news. Please help

jevilpareja
Community Member

I have issues with mg tracker. I cannot log in as it says “Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again. I tried to uninstall/reinstall but no good news. Please help
jdarwin020177
Community Member

Hi am experiencing the same problem. "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later." I did the Troubleshooting steps from clearing cache, Disabling Authorization to uninstalling and reinstalling both standard and Beta version still no luck. I also tried the link about help article and followed your advise on how I report a problem. but your instructions showing that I should be logged in. I am not able to login due to the error mentioned. Please help.

Thank you.

uninstall the 64-bit and download and install the 32-bit version

This worked for me. Thanks

imguneetkaur
Community Member

Hey,

I am facing this issue since morning and i am not able to login in my time tracker everytime i try to login it showing "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request" Please help me to resolve this issue as i am facing problems because of this. Attached is the snapshot for the same

Hi Guneet,

I am also facing this error since yesterday and no solution so far. I also talk with support and do some technical fix as per their instructions but no success.

Now waiting for there response!

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

We apologize for the frustration the issue you're experiencing has caused you. Could you please follow the steps shared below and let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance?

1. Please try logging in to your Upwork account on a browser so it will ask you to complete the CAPTCHA. Afterwards, you should be able to log in the Desktop App as well.

2. If the issue persists, please follow the six steps listed below. Note that by following these steps you will lose all preferences, user settings, saved credentials and any un-uploaded time cache. You can’t undo this action. Afterward, it will be like you are logging in for the first time.

1. Uninstall the Desktop App.
2. Depending of your operating system go to the location listed below and locate the "Upwork" folder:
Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Upwork\Upwork
Mac: Navigate to Go > Go to Folder > Upwork > ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork/Upwork
Linux: ~/.Upwork/Upwork
3. Delete the folder.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Download and reinstall the latest version of the Desktop app. Chose 32-bit Standard if on Windows OS and currently using 64-bit version.
6. Launch the app again and log in.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I tried the 6 steps but it’s still the same.

We are experiencing the same thing. This is happening when my girlfriend uses my laptop to do some video editing tasks assigned to her. My laptop is Asus ROG with Intel i7 and 32GB RAM and she prefers to do the task on my laptop since my laptop is faster and better. How do we do that?

I signed out from the tracker.

She signs in using her credentials.

And she gets this message.

She managed to log in after a couple of attempts.

Once she's done with her task, she signs out

Then I sign back in to prepare for my upcoming tasks

Now I get the same error and she also gets the same error when she signs back into her own laptop to do some basic tasks.

My theory is: Cookies are causing this error. I'm not sure why Upwork is giving us a hassle when we switch rigs. I mean, you have to utilize your best resources to perform your task better right? It's not practical for her to buy a high-end rig since the majority of her tasks are just web-based.

Please help. Thank you!

Hi Marlon,

Could you please try the steps that Vladimir shared here? If that doesn't help, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

1. Please try logging in to your Upwork account on a browser so it will ask you to complete the CAPTCHA. Afterwards, you should be able to log in the Desktop App as well. 

I'm always logged in to the Chrome Browser so I logged out first. I logged back in but the system did not ask for a CAPTCHA. I signed out again and proceed with the next step.

2. If the issue persists, please follow the six steps listed below. Note that by following these steps you will lose all preferences, user settings, saved credentials and any un-uploaded time cache. You can’t undo this action. Afterward, it will be like you are logging in for the first time.

2. Depending of your operating system go to the location listed below and locate the "Upwork" folder:
3. Delete the folder.
5. Download and reinstall the latest version of the Desktop app. Chose 32-bit Standard if on Windows OS and currently using 64-bit version.

I did this and I'm now using the 32bit version but still getting the same error message.

Hi Marlon,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran I am also experiencing this and so far troubleshooting steps below have not fixed it.

1. Reinstalling and using the standard desktop app

2. Removing the two factor authentication

3. Restart PC with reinstall and restart again no go

Before this happened I had to change my password due to a security breach.

Hi

Same problem happening with my Upwork desktop app also but this clear cache and restart doesn't help. Is there any other way? someone please help.

Thanks,

Pranshu

Hi Pranshu,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please try logging in to your Upwork account on a browser so it will ask you to complete the CAPTCHA. Afterwards, you should be able to log in the Desktop App as well.

2. If the issue persists, please follow the six steps listed below. Note that by following these steps you will lose all preferences, user settings, saved credentials and any un-uploaded time cache. You can’t undo this action. Afterward, it will be like you are logging in for the first time.

Mac: Navigate to Go > Go to Folder > Upwork > ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork/Upwork
3. Delete the folder.
5. Download and reinstall the latest version of the Desktop app. Chose 32-bit Standard if on Windows OS and currently using 64-bit version.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes step 5 worked for me. Thank you.

Hi,

Installing the 32 bit version worked for me.

Thanks

Pranshu

Hi,

I'm still encountering the problems despite following all the steps here.

I got the same issue.

Have tried the whole stuff that I found here, nothing work.

Help me please.

Hi,

Try to clear the cache by going to the Upwork icon (found in the Activity bar on upper right) then Settings --> Clear cache and Restart

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Pam

Hi Vanessa Pamela,

Before we proceed, could you please clear your browser’s cache and cookies, or try using a different browser, or a browser in private browsing mode, and log in to your Upwork account from there. This should prompt the CAPTCHA questions. From there, please answer it so that you can log in. Once done, please uninstall the Desktop App and follow the steps below:
1. Depending on your operating system go to the location listed below and locate the “Upwork” folder:
2. Delete the folder.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Download and reinstall the latest version of the Desktop app. Chose 32-bit Standard if on Windows OS and currently using the 64-bit version.
5. Launch the app again and log in.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Mine started working when I switched the app from 64bit to 32bit version. You can try that.
ee78298b
Community Member

Hi, disconnecting the google sign-in did not solve my problem. I log back in using my email account but it said "Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request. Please try again later".

I tried to log out and re-login via web browser, went to the desktop app (using my email), but the problem persists. I also tried to reinstall the desktop app, but nothing good happened.

Hi Intari,

Please follow the troubleshooting steps Vladimir shared in his post here:

3. Delete the folder.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths