🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I can't log in to my desktop application
Page options
amor_straissan
Community Member

Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later.

It won't let me login with my Desktop app. 

212 REPLIES 212

The thread starter made his first post on Mar 1, 2020 and until now Apr 7, 2021, there is still no fix to this problem. When will this get resolved? It is so frustrating.

Sir good day I tried the steps above your comment and it actually worked, so far this might be a bug in the system.

I managed to fix it but I don't know exactly what process fixed it or it was fixed on its own.

1. I uninstall the 32bit and redownload the 64bit.
  2. I used CCleaner. Scan and fix the registry

Screenshot 2021-04-07 182916.jpg

3. I exclude Upwork from the AdBlocker via Chrome Extension

Screenshot 2021-04-07 182604.jpg

4. I re-install the 64bit version.

5. After the 64bit desktop app was installed, it asked for CAPTCHA, solve it then the system accepted my credentials.

Hope this works also for you guys.

I tried these steps and now it's working. Thank you. 

kovacevic-sandra
Community Member

Hello,

I have trouble when trying to log into my desktop application. I have tried everything, uninstalling the app, deleting the cache, I even deleted the folder from AppData, and still nothing. And this is happening on my computer. When I try to log in on my husband's computer, everything works fine. Here is the PrintScreen of the app. Please help.

Hi Sandra,

Could you please follow the troubleshooting steps shared in my previous post and let me know if you're still experiencing the same problem after this? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I have literally tried every solution from this thread, and still I can't log in. I have lost three hours trying to fix this when I should have been working.

Hi Sandra,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I wanted to give it another shot, and did everything again, deleted the app, deleted the folder in AppData, restarted the computer, downloaded a fresh 32-bit app, and now it's working. But it won't work at 64-bit.

muskannoor
Community Member

My Upwork tracker did not sign in from yesterday. They said, technical issue. When issue solve?

Hi Nazia,

Could you also try to follow the troubleshooting steps I've shared in my previous post (a bit further down the page) and let me know if you're still experiencing the same problem after this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
elingcay
Community Member

Hello, I need help with what happened to my Upwork time tracker. As I log in it won't go through. It says " " Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later. ". I log in mg Gmail credentials. I have attached a screenshot of it.

You can report your technical concern here

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eduard Rey,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps that Vladimir shared here and let us know if the issue persists? 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
puda
Community Member

Hey guys,

It's fixed for me. I only had the issue yesterday starting mid am. I cleared all my data yesterday but it didn't do the trick but after restarting the computer this am, it worked. It may have been a cache issue as well, I am not sure.

pranshugoel3196
Community Member

I'm unable to log into the Upwork Desktop App. It says, Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later. 

I've tried clearing cookies, disconnected google, restarted system and reinstalled app but the problem still persists. Please help.

skh_shakil
Community Member

Today I forgatly delete my account. But I contact with customer support they give it back. I can login on browser and working everything, but now I can't login my account with the Desktop app. 
Please help me, I tried many times it just say:
"Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

marsadakbarali
Community Member

I am unable to login to Desktop app from last 2-3 hours and so i can't able to track time can someone please help asap

Hi Marsad,

I'd recommend that you please try the troubleshooting steps that Vladimir shared here. If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I tried the solution but i still can not succeed .. please help me what can i do ..

1-  I have tried Valdmir Solution

2- I am able to pass reCaptcha and able to login upwork successfully on browsers 

3- Still can not able to login on desktop app ... please help i am going in alot of loss due to this

Hi Marsad,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b3de5293
Community Member

Hi, 

Everytime I try to log into the desktop app I get an error saying "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later." I've browsed multiple forums with this topic and have taken all the given advice, including unsyncing Chrome login, deleting app cache, etc. but it still doesn't work.

I'd like to open a support ticket and get this resolved as I'm delaying deliverables to my clients due to this. 

Hi Taha,

I'd recommend that you please try the troubleshooting steps that Vladimir shared here. If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
kamaljotsingh
Community Member

I am trying to login my Desktop app since 2 days but getting message (Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later.) I re-install app but not working

See screenshot - https://prnt.sc/117c21g

Hi Tarsem,

Could you try to follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please try logging in to your Upwork account on a browser so it will ask you to complete the CAPTCHA. Afterwards, you should be able to log in the Desktop App as well.

2. If the issue persists, please follow the six steps listed below. Note that by following these steps you will lose all preferences, user settings, saved credentials and any un-uploaded time cache. You can’t undo this action. Afterward, it will be like you are logging in for the first time.

1. Uninstall the Desktop App.
2. Depending of your operating system go to the location listed below and locate the "Upwork" folder:
Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Upwork\Upwork
Mac: Navigate to Go > Go to Folder > Upwork > ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork/Upwork
Linux: ~/.Upwork/Upwork
3. Delete the folder.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Download and reinstall the latest version of the Desktop app. Chose 32-bit Standard if on Windows OS and currently using 64-bit version.
6. Launch the app again and log in.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you so much.

I follow the 2nd step now its working fine.

Again Thanks

harisirfan34
Community Member

Hello, I have downloaded every version of the Upwork desktop app and do a lot of things like restarting laptop, deleting cache, reinstalling the app but I am still seeing the same message. 

''Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later''.
Please someone can help me with this problem, I will be very thankful. I am new to Upwork and need assistance. Thank You

Hi Haris,

Please try logging in to your Upwork account on a browser so it will ask you to complete the CAPTCHA. Afterwards, you should be able to log in to the Desktop App as well.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I have followed the instructions and tried every single of the app options, deleted cookies, deleted cache but nothing worked. 😞

Any help would be appreciated! 

Hi Marlem and Julie,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps that Vladimir shared here and let us know if the issue persists? 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for the instructions! I tried them many times but it didn't work....  😞

Getting the same message and can't log in to the time tracker app

Hi Arti and Marlem,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
chandel_cnaina
Community Member

Hi,

I am not able to log in Upwork desktop App Due to technical difficulties. I downloaded every version of the Upwork desktop app,but still not working. Can you please tell me what to do ?

Thanks,

Naina

julie_caballero
Community Member

Hi 

I'm experiencing the same issue. I can't log in to the desktop app. 

Can someone help me. 

aartigarg86
Community Member

Today, I am getting the same problem.

"Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later.
Close the alert"

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jakub and Arti.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I tied everything.

1. Reinstall the app

2. Delete upwork folder from the Appdata

3. Also tried the beta version of the app

But No Luck...

I see this error when I try to login to the Upwork time tracking App, "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

here is what I have already tried: 

logging out and trying to login again

disconnecting Google service from upwork and then trying login with my user name

reconnecting the Google account

uninstalling the current app and installing different version including beta version

Nothing worked for me, need help as I am missing my work hours. 

Thanks 
Tania Bera

I have the same problem please help anyone.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths