Please follow the troubleshooting steps Vladimir shared in his post here:
1. Please try logging in to your Upwork account on a browser so it will ask you to complete the CAPTCHA. Afterwards, you should be able to log in the Desktop App as well.
2. If the issue persists, please follow the six steps listed below. Note that by following these steps you will lose all preferences, user settings, saved credentials and any un-uploaded time cache. You can’t undo this action. Afterward, it will be like you are logging in for the first time.
1. Uninstall the Desktop App.
2. Depending of your operating system go to the location listed below and locate the "Upwork" folder:
Mac: Navigate to Go > Go to Folder > Upwork > ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork/Upwork
3. Delete the folder.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Download and reinstall the latest version of the Desktop app. Chose 32-bit Standard if on Windows OS and currently using 64-bit version.
6. Launch the app again and log in.
The thread starter made his first post on Mar 1, 2020 and until now Apr 7, 2021, there is still no fix to this problem. When will this get resolved? It is so frustrating.
I managed to fix it but I don't know exactly what process fixed it or it was fixed on its own.
3. I exclude Upwork from the AdBlocker via Chrome Extension
4. I re-install the 64bit version.
5. After the 64bit desktop app was installed, it asked for CAPTCHA, solve it then the system accepted my credentials.
Hope this works also for you guys.
I have trouble when trying to log into my desktop application. I have tried everything, uninstalling the app, deleting the cache, I even deleted the folder from AppData, and still nothing. And this is happening on my computer. When I try to log in on my husband's computer, everything works fine. Here is the PrintScreen of the app. Please help.
Could you please follow the troubleshooting steps shared in my previous post and let me know if you're still experiencing the same problem after this? Thank you.
Hi Goran, I have literally tried every solution from this thread, and still I can't log in. I have lost three hours trying to fix this when I should have been working.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.
Hi Goran, I wanted to give it another shot, and did everything again, deleted the app, deleted the folder in AppData, restarted the computer, downloaded a fresh 32-bit app, and now it's working. But it won't work at 64-bit.