🐈
» Forums » Support » Due to technical difficulties we are unable t...
Page options
amor_straissan
Community Member

Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later.

It won't let me login with my Desktop app. 

212 REPLIES 212

Hi Tania and Safdar,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps that Vladimir shared here? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
drzafirovski
Community Member

Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request. Please try again later. - this is what I get when I am trying to log in to my desktop app

Before You tell me a million of banal ways to solve it, believe me, I tried all of the offered suggestions here, and unfortunately, nothing works

I need live chat support, not ridiculous bots

Hi Dagoslav,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps that Vladimir shared here? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, can someone please assist me? I can't log-in from the time tracker. I have used all the recommendations given by other people.

-try downloading different versions

-followed Vladimir's steps (clear cache AppData)

But all of these didn't work. 

Hi Janice, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. It looks like you have already been assisted through your social media message and your chat support ticket. Kindly refer to both and continue communicating with the team on the same ticket thread so that the team handling your case can assist you more efficiently. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dpeng1
Community Member

I've done the same steps and still get the same error. I have tried the 64-bit installer, 64-bit beta installer, 32-bit beta installer.  Also removed the directory, restarted, and still the same error.  I am on Google account, and also had a Upwork account before, but both ways end up with the same error.

Hi David,

Before we proceed, could you please clear your browser’s cache and cookies, or try using a different browser, or a browser in private browsing mode, and log in to your Upwork account from there. This should prompt the CAPTCHA questions. From there, please answer it so that you can log in. Once done, please uninstall the Desktop App and follow the steps below:
1. Depending on your operating system go to the location listed below and locate the “Upwork” folder:
Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Upwork\Upwork
Mac: Navigate to Go > Go to Folder > Upwork > ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork/Upwork
Linux: ~/.Upwork/Upwork
2. Delete the folder.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Download and reinstall the latest version of the Desktop app. Chose 32-bit Standard if on Windows OS and currently using the 64-bit version.
5. Launch the app again and log in.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

I solved this problem by using a different internet connection. It turns out that my IP address was blocked by Upwork. This happened when I repeatedly tried to log in to my account since I was having an issue accessing the app.

abdullahsart
Community Member

I am facing this issue since yesterday. I tired clearing up my cache but nothing is happening.

It's showing an error
"Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request, Please try again later."

Please figure out the way for me to login through computer again.

Hi Abdullah,

Could you please try the troubleshooting below and please let us know if the issue persists.

1. Please try logging in to your Upwork account on a browser so it will ask you to complete the CAPTCHA. Afterwards, you should be able to log in the Desktop App as well.

2. If the issue persists, please follow the six steps listed below. Note that by following these steps you will lose all preferences, user settings, saved credentials and any un-uploaded time cache. You can’t undo this action. Afterward, it will be like you are logging in for the first time.

1. Uninstall the Desktop App.
2. Depending of your operating system go to the location listed below and locate the "Upwork" folder:
Mac: Navigate to Go > Go to Folder > Upwork > ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork/Upwork
Linux: ~/.Upwork/Upwork
3. Delete the folder.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Download and reinstall the latest version of the Desktop app. Chose 32-bit Standard if on Windows OS and currently using 64-bit version.
6. Launch the app again and log in.

~ Joanne
Upwork
al_mahdi
Community Member

Hi @Joanne,

I am still facing the same issue "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later." Can you help me please, I got a work to do

Hi Muhammad,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please do make that fast man, I've been waiting for more than 4 hours for this issue. It's supper annoying that I need to write it here and get the ticket after this long. 

Hi,
I even use another computer but the issue was there, but then I turn off my adblocker and things are back to normal. It was my adblocker that was causing the issue. 

Thanks for the help.

arif_m_s
Community Member

Do u get any solution? still not finding any 😞 

al_mahdi
Community Member

Got stuck when login on the tracker. Someone, help please, I got several job to do!

Hi Muhammad,

Please try to follow the troubleshooting steps Joanne shared in her post below. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rasel_hakkani
Community Member

Hi,
I have tried this method but it doesn't work for me. Need urgent assistance into that.

1. Please try logging in to your Upwork account on a browser so it will ask you to complete the CAPTCHA. Afterward, you should be able to log in to the Desktop App as well. 

I'm always logged in to the Chrome/Firefox Browser so I logged out first. I logged back in but the system did not ask for a CAPTCHA. I signed out again and proceed with the next step.

2. If the issue persists, please follow the six steps listed below. Note that by following these steps you will lose all preferences, user settings, saved credentials, and any un-uploaded time cache. You can’t undo this action. Afterward, it will be like you are logging in for the first time.

1. Uninstall the Desktop App.
2. Depending of your operating system go to the location listed below and locate the "Upwork" folder:
3. Delete the folder.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Download and reinstall the latest version of the Desktop app. Chose 32-bit Standard if on Windows OS and currently using the 64-bit version.
6. Launch the app again and log in.

I did this and I'm now using the 32bit version but still getting the same error message.

Hi Rasel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same problem. Done the suggested steps and it gets me the same error. I had this issue yesterday but it got solved when I reinstalled with a 32-bit version. But now I am encountering the problem again. Please help!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi John and Jhansi,

Our team will reach out to you via tickets as well and will assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Team,

I've tried the trouble shooting techniques and I'm still facing the issue. Can you please guide me ASAP?
I'm struck on timer now from past 2hrs.

Yesterday above trouble shooting tips worked but today they are not working.

foody2
Community Member

Hi,

Since yesterday I'm having problem with log in to dekstop app. What I tried:

1.Install 32/64/beta version

2. Deleting Upwork folder in AppData

3.Also it's not working on laptop which didn't have app before.

OS is Win10 x64

Thanks!

Marko

shaistaali
Community Member

Same issue happening with us as well

charlene_padua
Community Member

Me and my sister are using one laptop for upwork. We have separate account of course, after she used her account and logged out. When I'm trying to log in this error occured "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later." , already tried installing all version and try everything but still it doesn't work can someone help me with this?

Hi Charlene,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, Haven't heard anything from support. Haven't received any ticket at all and no one reached out to me yet.

Hi Goran,

I haven't get any support until now. Please please please make it fast. It's been a whole day for me waitting just to work! Please, make it fast. I love this platform and have been working for more than 6 years with it but today it's really disapoint me.

jasmineong_04
Community Member

Hi,

This is my 3rd time posting a topic because my dekstop app is not working again. I was able to work yesterday because I downloaded the 32 bit and it worked fine. When I logged out this morning, I can't log-in again because it says that there is a technical issue again. What do I do about this and why are we having the same issue?

I'm using Windows 10, Lenovo laptop.

DESKTOP APP NOT WORKING.JPG

Thank you!

Hi Jasmine,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi upwork,

Waiting for the ticket and the team who can assist this concern. Thanks

Hi Goran, 

I've received a message in email saying that the issue is more complex and will have technical team to support my concern. Would you know how long this will take? This issue with Upwork's desktop app has been a hassle as I've also had issues not long ago. I'm new to upwork and it's not really okay that I'm having issues several times now. 

Hope you understand.

Thanks!

Hi Goran, 

I've tried logging in again right now just to check and the app worked. I still won't consider this as resolved because I didn't know why the app began working. I don't want to signout from the app because I might experience the same problem again tomorrow.

Thanks
Jas 

exactly same thing happened with me, and still no resolution

Hi! Im with the same problem, Im already try to unnistall the app several times and it still doesn't workt, please if anyone can solve this, its my first job on upwork and I cannot enter 

Hi Emily, Marcin, Kristina and Kevin.

Our team will reach out to you via tickets as well and will assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
328465ee
Community Member

I am getting this message while I try to log in desktop application.
"Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

I've tried 32bit 64bit and both beta. It just won't work.
Please help me! Thanks.

Same here! I am getting this message when I open the Desktop App Tracker:

"Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later." Can someone help us resolve this? How can I contact Upwork support?

Thanks

marcinmarczyk
Community Member

Hi, I have a problem with log in via desktop app on Windows 10. 

I have tried login via my account creditentials and my connected google account. 

Both trials gave the same results. I tried both 32bit and 64bit app, both standard
and beta. There is no problem when I log in via website or via Mac Os x desktop

app.This problem has been present for two days. 

Could you help me solve my problem? 

Best regards.

Marcin 

My issue is resolved.

Yesterday, installing 32 bit Standard ap worked for me but when i logged out amd tried logging in again, faced same issue.

Today I tried clearing my cookies after logging in on Desktop Website of upwork. Then I visited this url - https://www.upwork.com/ab/account-security/clear-cookies

It will effectively log you out. Log in again on Desktop website and on Desktop App (I installed Windows 64 bit Standard app). That's it, It worked for me.

Hope it help others here.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths