🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Duplicate client account
Page options
andreeans
Community Member

Duplicate client account

Hello,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this post. I would appreciate your input on the following situation between myself and a client. Our contract was suspended because of an issue with the client’s account. The client wants us to start a new contract and doesn’t want to wait for the issue to be resolved. He created a new profile, posted a new job and invited me to apply.
I respectfully told him that it’s best to wait until the issue is solved.

Our work relationship was great and it would be ideal if we could continue it. However, I do not want to jeopardize my account.

I’m posting here because I am not familiar with Upwork’s policy on duplicate accounts for clients. Is this considered to be a policy violation? The client is relatively new on Upwork and I assume he was not aware of the implications. Would I get in trouble accepting work from his new account?

Thank you in advance,
Andreea

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Andreea N wrote:

That was the right thing to do!

Andreea N wrote:

The client is relatively new on Upwork and I assume he was not aware of the implications. Would I get in trouble accepting work from his new account?

You could because you were told by Upwork to not work with that client. I also think the client may well know exactly what they're doing....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Andreea N wrote:

That was the right thing to do!

Andreea N wrote:

The client is relatively new on Upwork and I assume he was not aware of the implications. Would I get in trouble accepting work from his new account?

You could because you were told by Upwork to not work with that client. I also think the client may well know exactly what they're doing....

Thank you, Petra.

I had a conversation with the client and we are going to end our collaboration as he is not willing to wait for the dispute to be resolved. It's a shame but I'm not willing to jeopardize my profile for one contract.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members