Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate job posting

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gyan D Member Since: Sep 4, 2014
1 of 6

In the Video Production category, a client posted two identical job postings a minute apart. Are both jobs visible in the client's interface, or has the first posting been withdrawn and the database just slow to catch up?

Can't oDesk have some sort of duplication check in place?

Gyan

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 6

Thanks for sharing this Gyan. Please flag the job post so our Support team can review.

While we do have automated systems in place to catch some violations and a team dedicated to reviewing the site for the same purpose, your help in reporting users, job posts, etc. helps us identify the items we missed. Your reports are critical to helping us do our best to keep the marketplace clean. We appreciate the help.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gyan D Member Since: Sep 4, 2014
3 of 6

What reason should I indicate for flagging? And which post - original, duplicate or both?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Gyan,

You can flag either one as SPAM. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
5 of 6

"While we do have automated systems in place to catch some violations and a team dedicated to reviewing the site for the same purpose, your help in reporting users, job posts, etc. helps us identify the items we missed. Your reports are critical to helping us do our best to keep the marketplace clean. "

oDesk isn't renowned for its user-friendliness, and I should imagine it's quite possible that the client accidentally hit the "post" button twice.

With respect, there are a lot worse violations than that going on all the time if you're really intent on keeping the marketplace clean.

EDIT: Like this, for instance

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 6

Thank you for reporting that job posting, Stephen. I forwarded it to our Marketplace quality Team and we will make sure it's removed.

Also, I removed the link to the job posting from your comment since it's against the Community Guidelines to post job links.

Thanks for understanding. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS