🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Duplicated job post
Page options
ana_cuervo
Community Member

Duplicated job post

Hi!

I sent a proposal yesterday for a job. Now it has 10 to 15 proposals already and the client is not interviewing anybody. Today, there is an identical job post from the same client.

I don't know if it is his mistake or why is he doing this, but I think it is not fair for all the freelancers that took the time to make a cover letter and spend 4 connects to apply.

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ana C wrote:

Hi!

I sent a proposal yesterday for a job. Now it has 10 to 15 proposals already and the client is not interviewing anybody. Today, there is an identical job post from the same client.

I don't know if it is his mistake or why is he doing this, but I think it is not fair for all the freelancers that took the time to make a cover letter and spend 4 connects to apply.

You should flag the job posting, multiple identical postings are not allowed. 

I'm also puzzled when I come across this, but these clients tend to have such a low hiring rate that I would never apply. Why they do that, no idea. It will pop up in relevant freelancers feeds multiple times and annoy people. 

Thanks, Martina.

The client has a good reputation, maybe it was just a mistake. Sadly, I had to withdraw my proposal because that was the only possible way to communicate with him and let him know the situation.

Ana C wrote:

Thanks, Martina.

The client has a good reputation, maybe it was just a mistake. Sadly, I had to withdraw my proposal because that was the only possible way to communicate with him and let him know the situation.

You flag the job posting when you open it and find the flagging option on the upper right hand side. I doubt the client is unaware he posted twice. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the job post you're referring to. I'll check it and escalate accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Martina P wrote:

You should flag the job posting, multiple identical postings are not allowed. 

I'm also puzzled when I come across this, but these clients tend to have such a low hiring rate that I would never apply. Why they do that, no idea.

Why do they do that? Simple - they're fishing for a cheap freelancer, didn't yet land a sufficiently cheap proposal, and they know that jobs with 15+ proposals are unlikely to attract many more. So they abadondon the original job post and make a new one.

It's a natural outcome of Upwork charging clients absolutely nothing to post jobs here.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members