🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » During Proposal chat, client created new post...
Page options
tanujwadhwa
Community Member

During Proposal chat, client created new post with same reqrmnt and diff budget. connects gone ?

hi,

I applied for a project which is here **Edited for community guidelines**

during the chat he asked me he will check with partners website owners if the strategy can be used , like to go with API approach or just web scraping.

while I was waiting, he posted another post with exact same requirement and new budget, which is here at **Edited for community guidelines**

what will happen to my connect ? These are gone ?

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanuj,

Thank you for flagging this for us. I'll be sure to escalate your report to our team for review and appropriate action will be taken according to our internal processes. 

Please note that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

hi Bojan,

But  in this case , the client is duplicating the job posts. why should we loose our connect because of this ? 

A change inthe process is needed. we cant loose connects like thi 😞 thats also money

Are you saying that, if the clinet keeps the first job open for"ever" and post second job, then the connects we have used for first will be lost just becuse the client didnt close it !!? i cant really seem to digest this "process".

thanks

Hi Bojan,

Could you please let me know if the client doenst close the job/ forgets it, thenour connects are lost ? 

I think there should be a time limit - when the job doesnt have any hiring and it has crossed X days, then our connects should be reverted.

Thanks.

Hi Tanuj,

A job is canceled either by our team in case it's in violation of Upwork TOS or by the client if they don't want to proceed with it. A job expires after 30 days of inactivity but clients are still able to review proposals and hire freelancers after the mentioned time frame. Hope this helps clarify the difference between the two.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members