cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELANCE HISTORY on Uphere Temporary or…?

Community Leader
Carlton D Member Since: Aug 5, 2015
1 of 4

Got me thinking and I’m not sure if anyone asked this before – since Upwork gets updated almost real time with job history and stats from Elance for us who have migrated over, what will happen once Elance is dead and buried. Will the info being directed here fade away once the servers that host Elance are purged or shut down? (No point paying for storage when the service is defunct).

So do we, the migrated over Enlancers, stand to lose our Elance history and reputation once Elance is no more or is the record integrated into our profiles here permanently? Robot Frustrated

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CROM, MAKE ME STRONGER!
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
2 of 4

Of course not, Carlton. Otherwise what would be the idea behind all this? They spent time creating this feature not to let die after two months.

The job history doesn't get updated in real time. It gets updated every 24 hours and it basically looks for the new jobs and grabs them over to Upwork everyday at a predefined time. These information are now part of Upwork and they won't get lost after the sunset of Elance.

Community Leader
3 of 4

Thanks Wassim, always good reading your posts. Robot Happy

I mentioned almost real time 'cause a feedback I recieved on a completed job on Elance updated here in less than 2 hours.

And as for the migrated data being a 'permanent' part of this site now does sound good, though the recent shortcomings of this platform had me wondering... Smiley Indifferent

CROM, MAKE ME STRONGER!
Community Leader
4 of 4

Can't say I was too far off with this 'ridiculous premonition.' Smiley Surprised

It's happening already, but the affected parties have been assured it's a tech glitch that will eventually be resolved.  Yay!

CROM, MAKE ME STRONGER!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS