cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EON (UnionBank) hidden charges with oDesk

chris_mortal
Christopher John M Member Since: Aug 27, 2012
1 of 15
Good day! I was just amazed right now that I have an additional charges using my EON card using LFT here in oDesk. Yes, that's right...an additional hidden charge from the bank. Let's see, I noticed this charge from last June up until now that I have a proof. They charge Php 50 on every transaction EON has with oDesk. Try not to say "I don't have that" right away since it was my initial reaction. Have you tried checking on the LFT amount that should go in into your EON account then check it if its the correct amount that came in? I have already contacted UnionBank support for this. I told them that oDesk uses wire transfer in funds and you guys explicitly posted that there is "NO CHARGE" for wire transfers. So the representatives (more than one) told me that they have a special case with oDesk - yes, that's right - a "SPECIAL" case. They told me that the Php 50 charge is for the remittance charge that is specially for oDesk - up until now they didn't replied as to how come it became a "remittance." So every time you will withdraw with your EON card/account thru LFT, the charges would be: $0.99 for oDesk fee Php 50 for EON remittance charge Php 10 withdrawal fee using UNION BANK ATM (Yes! they do charge Php10 for EON card holders only) Just a heads up for anyone. So...I would just like to ask....any Bank in mind here in the Philippines that charges less since EON is no longer a charge-free from oDesk. If you want a proof of the EON's representative's official statement, I'll send you a screenshot.
ellechilli
Ace Contributor
Elia Grace L Member Since: Jul 19, 2011
2 of 15
I thought Union Bank has always charged remittance fees from odesk? It's not really a "hidden fee", since there was a post in the oDesk Help Center before (I just can't seem to find it now) that lists the different remittance fees from different banks here in the Philippines. Union Bank was there. The only bank that doesn't charge remittance is BPI. What are the remittance fees...
ffonollera
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
3 of 15
You're correct, the UnionBank P50 LFT fee doesn't appear in the new oDesk help center unlike the old oDesk knowledge base. But what makes it "hidden" in standard accounting terms is that it neither appears in the freelancer's Transaction History nor in his/her EON account statement. Unlike in a Paypal-EON transfer, the P50 charge (if transaction amount is P7,000 or below) is clearly shown in the freelancer's Paypal activity history.
ellechilli
Ace Contributor
Elia Grace L Member Since: Jul 19, 2011
4 of 15
Oh I see. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
najiej25bermudo
Najie B Member Since: Oct 8, 2013
5 of 15
There is $0.99 charge in oDesk + 50php and P10 or probably P12 for withdrawing into a unionteller atm machine.. I withdraw my funds last Tuesday (this past week) at 1:30 am GMT+8.00 and to my surprised my funds were already there at Wednesday 7Pm.. more convenient. Now Paypal takes at least several days?
ffonollera
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
6 of 15
[quote=Najie B.]Now Paypal takes at least several days?[/quote] I do Paypal-to-EON transfers on Wednesdays at 8am local time and it hits on Thursdays before 6pm. I avoid the P50 charge because the amount is above P7T.
najiej25bermudo
7 of 15
So basically Wednesday morning is the best time to withdraw on Paypal to EON? Via LFT I've never had some delays about it. Like what I've said it takes only one day for me to receive my funds. But in Paypal to EON.. I withdraw on Nov.13. and yet it is not reflecting (despite of the completed status. According to Paypal. The meaning of the completed status means they starting to process it.) into my account maybe on Monday? Because Saturdays and Sundays are not counted.
shayneislove
Karel Shayne A Member Since: May 9, 2011
8 of 15
Wow! Are you new to Odesk? I've known this since years ago. Yes, they do charge P50 every LFT withdrawal. Try BPI for ZERO fees. Yes, zero. So you will have to pay only $.99 here in Odesk. 🙂
najiej25bermudo
9 of 15
No, I'm just clarifying it. I didn't mean anything about it. :) Cheers. Jie
chris_mortal
Christopher John M Member Since: Aug 27, 2012
10 of 15
Thanks for the response. May I ask if what particular account name is the BPI account your using? They have tons of account types and to my dismay their tellers doesn't even know the difference of each one of them. Anyway, I'm not new to oDesk. Way back 2011, there was no Php50 fee when you transfer your funds from oDesk to EON (this one I can assure you since I religously check my withdrawal amount here in oDesk and compare it to the amount in my EON which matches. According from the online support of UnionBank, they have just recently implemented these charges around mid 2012.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS