cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EON (UnionBank) hidden charges with oDesk

phoenix_dove
Shirelyvi G Member Since: May 7, 2011
11 of 15
I talked to one of the Union bank rep and they said that they are not the one who's billing us the P50 fee. What odesk sent to them were the one they posted into our account. They agree about the withdrawal fee of P10 but not the remittance charges, besides they are not considering the funds from odesk as international remittance after all. So who really took off the 50 pesos from our money Odesk??????? Can you clarify this, I will soon send you the email from Union clarifying their side and eagerly presented that they did not get even a cent from our account!!! Clarify this too coz this is too much if you Odesk are getting a certain amount still. Odesk, you had an issue with your system before in relation with the account payouts, I suggest you take a look it again, coz this time it is not anymore tolerable!!(this is my personal experience) Thanks!
chris_mortal
Christopher John M Member Since: Aug 27, 2012
12 of 15
I have an official email from Unionbank plus a facebook Unionbank reply stating that they placed "ALL" of transactions from oDesk into their "remittance category" and that is the reason why we have Php50.00 charges. Also..if you log-in to your EON online, you would notice that there is a Php50 charge in your account. Lets say you transferred 10k to you EON card then it will reflect that ther is a 10k deposit and the next entry is a deduction of Php50. I don't believe that oDesk is the one responsible for this since they do not hold any powers to do any kind of deduction in our EON card, only Union Bank can do this. The person you have talk with washed his hands so that he/she would not receive your anger and frustration - typical with average Filipino bankers (putting the blame to someone else). To be specific...try accessing your bank statement be it online or oevr the counter - you will see a UnionBank remittance charge there of Php 50.
ffonollera
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
13 of 15
[quote=Christopher M.]I have an official email from Unionbank plus a facebook Unionbank reply stating that they placed "ALL" of transactions from oDesk into their "remittance category" and that is the reason why we have Php50.00 charges.[/quote] Both LFTs and Paypal withdrawals to EON appear as 'INREM VIA PCHC' which means 'Inward Remittance Via Philippine Clearing House Corporation' transactions. But LFTs are charged P50 while Paypal withdrawals don't have such charge. My conclusion: UnionBank charges the P50 for LFTs but exempts Paypal withdrawals.
chris_mortal
Christopher John M Member Since: Aug 27, 2012
14 of 15
Could be a possibility...but they did also indicate that Paypal is the same as wire transfer like oDesk. Anyway...I find it quite a pain having multiple deductions/charges with EON right now so I'm trying to switch to BPI since they don't have these kinds of charges.
ffonollera
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
15 of 15
BPI charges also have a share of comments at FB. It's better to validate them by trying BPI yourself. I've had my own experiences with BPI, that's why I prefer still EON.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS