Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU Freelancers: best way to withdraw money from Upwork

Highlighted
Andrea L Member Since: Mar 13, 2018
1 of 4

Hi all, fellow EU freelancers Smiley Happy

Usually how do you withdraw your funds?

Direct to Local Bank in Euros or Direct to U.S. Bank in US Dollars using Transferwise (which has a ery convenient exchange rate?

I was wondering what's the best way to not lose too much with exchange fees, but I can't find informations about Upwork exchange fee when sending payments in Euros...

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Stanislav D Member Since: Oct 1, 2015
2 of 4

If you live in Europe, there should be an option to withdraw your earnings directly to your bank account. You should add this method first. 

Highlighted
Andrea L Member Since: Mar 13, 2018
3 of 4

Yes, I already did that. Smiley Wink But I was wondering if another method like Transferwise, to get paid directly in USD, is more convenient

Highlighted
Susanna G Member Since: Dec 29, 2019
4 of 4

Dear Andrea,

I am sure that you have decided cince your last message. I would be happy to know what your decision was at the end.

I have a conversation with the Upwork help center to find out what the the fees of 'Direct to your Local Bank' has (I live in Hungary), but they do not answer my questions directly. We are now at 6 rounds of questions and answers, they always answer something, but newer directly what I ask. (At the end I started to sen dhtem questions to be answered with YES or NO and they do not asnwer them so.)

I am considering now to withdraw my money to Europe using the payment method 'Wire Transfer" to my bank account which is 30 USD, but seem to be cheaper than using the conversion rate of Upwork's ban if I do it in every 3 months. (My bank account in Hungary is however in USD.)

Yes I don't know exact conversion rates, but reading other freelancers posts in this issue, I estimate it around 4-5 percent. Here is on of these posts: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Upwork-disables-TransferWise-Borderless/td-p/571184

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS