🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » EU "VAT Reverse Charged" on Upwork Service Fe...
Page options
volkanakinpasa
Community Member

EU "VAT Reverse Charged" on Upwork Service Fee invoice

I have my VATID in my account.

After I completed my jobs on upwork and got paid, as we know Upwork invoices us for Service Fee. 

My Question: As I paid the service fee and Upwork sent me the invoice(in the attachment), I see "VAT Reverse Charged" on the invoice. I'm assuming that I have to VAT declaration of this service fee to my tax authority in The Netherlands. Am I right?

I know I will hire a Tax Advisor, but this information might be a good for those who are consufed as well. 

So far I have many invoice and service fee invoices. I just wanna know if I have to do something with them.

Thanks 

Volkan

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Volkan,

Upwork charges the country-specific Value Added Tax (VAT) to freelancers and agencies in the European Union (EU), unless you provide a valid VAT number. To learn more about VAT, check out this Help Article

For any additional questions, I would recommend to reach out to a local expert that can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Probably this is a bot reply message 🙂

I already read all other pages in the community. unfortunately this is not the answer of my question.

Volkan A wrote:

Probably this is a bot reply message 🙂

I already read all other pages in the community. unfortunately this is not the answer of my question.

Yes you have to declare it as reverse charged, but it's a zero-sum item. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths