Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

EXETREMLY FRUSTRATED

ninlover
Active Member
Jennifer G Member Since: Mar 21, 2016
1 of 11

I can't seem to get my question answered, and all that seems to happen is that I go in a very big circle.  I go to the help button and look for what it is I need, but the options that are there did not fit my needs.  I have looked everywhere to find the answer to the question I need but to no avail, so I have tried to look for a way to email or call, and this is my last option. My question is this how am I suppose to submit a proposal to anyone if my profile is not an exact fit?  Just because my profile doesn't  exactly fit doesn't mean I can't do the job, so I would like to be able to try to submit my proposal to prospective clients.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Jennifer,

 

Unfortunately, you will not be able to send proposals for jobs on Upwork until your profile is ready and approved. You may need to revise your profile once again to make sure you clearly describe your skills and what kind of services you are able to offer to clients on Upwork. Make sure you check it for spelling and punctuation errors.

 

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork
csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
3 of 11

*Deleted because Valeria gave a much better answer 🙂

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 11

@Jennifer G wrote:

I can't seem to get my question answered, and all that seems to happen is that I go in a very big circle.  I go to the help button and look for what it is I need, but the options that are there did not fit my needs.  I have looked everywhere to find the answer to the question I need but to no avail, so I have tried to look for a way to email or call, and this is my last option. My question is this how am I suppose to submit a proposal to anyone if my profile is not an exact fit?  Just because my profile doesn't  exactly fit doesn't mean I can't do the job, so I would like to be able to try to submit my proposal to prospective clients.


Jennifer,

 

Welcome to Upwork.  My advice would be to rewrite your overview.  Tell the client how you can help them with their business needs.  I'm a mother too, but putting that in your overview is unprofessional and clients will see it that way also.  You have legal writing as a skill.  Add some writing to your portfolio.  There are many articles here on the site that will help you build a professional profile. Good luck!! 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 11

Jennifer, I don't mean to be picky, but this chimes in with what Valeria wrote, and since your profile states you're 'detail oriented', it won't do to have typos and grammatical errors such as 'on' instead of  'one', 'their' instead of 'his' or 'her', or maybe it should be 'children' instead of 'child', and omitting 'to' and 'a', as in 'belong to a' or 'belonged  to a'. That's a fair number of errors in just 2 sentences.

__________________________________________________
"No good deed goes unpunished." -- Clare Boothe Luce
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 11

"That's a fair number of errors in just 2 sentences."

 

An exetremly high number, I'd say...

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
7 of 11

Jennifer, After reading your profile, I know that you're a detailed oriented,  single stay at home mom who helps her child with homework and doesn't make the same mistake twice. But I know NOTHING about what you can do. If a client is looking for a detailed minded, single stay at home mom, you'll most likely be hired. What skills do you have, what programs do you have experience using. Can you design web sites, write articles, enter data or are you a programmer?

 

You need to Competely rewrite your profile so a prospective client will know your skills, experience, qualifications and area of expertise.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 11

Don't mention your family in your profile. At all. No matter who you are. That is not the place for it.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 11

@Preston H wrote:

Don't mention your family in your profile. At all. No matter who you are. That is not the place for it.


 Agreed. The same goes for your marital status!

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
10 of 11

@Petra R wrote:

@Preston H wrote:

Don't mention your family in your profile. At all. No matter who you are. That is not the place for it.


 Agreed. The same goes for your marital status!


But...I mean...then how are we supposed to find dates here? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS