cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Each Click on Upwork is excruciatingly S L O O O W. . . .

Volodymyr K Member Since: Sep 7, 2015
11 of 20

Two weeks later... Have your engineers figured out anything?

The site is VERY VERY slow and buggy -- honestly, it looks like the devs do not test / use what they release.

It takes 20 seconds to load pages, sometimes pages do not load and an error is displayed; even when the page loads, the UI is unusable (ie, job list is unclickable). Not to mention the bug when you apply for a jon and Upwork says that I am out of connects.

Volodymyr K Member Since: Sep 7, 2015
12 of 20

It takes almost 20 seconds to load the page, and still "request is taking a BIT longer than expected":

Weird errors, pages do not load:

How am I supposed to clickon the jobs?

If it took me 2 weeks to fix such bugs, I doubt that the buyer would tolerate that: they would fire me and hire someone more capable. Looks like this is not the case with Upwork: it is getting worse and worse :-(

And for two weeks of this:

I would be fired.

Seriously, please replace you developers, sysadmins, and testers if they don't know what QUALITY is.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Tom M Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
13 of 20

I'm having the same issue. I can't get to the 2nd page of results for searches, and I can't apply for jobs. Mind you, I can sometimes get to the application page, but after having typed up a cover letter and hitting "submit", it times out and all is lost. I've been out of work for over a year, and getting by on Elance (which has been a great experience). Now Upwork is soaking up all the work from Elance AND making sure that I can't access it. It's extremely frustrating to say the least!

David L Member Since: May 27, 2014
14 of 20

I am waiting sometimes 15-20 seconds between page loads on Upwork. 

This only happens on Upwork, and not other sites that I visit. It has been a problem from day 1. 

Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
15 of 20

It’s getting really hard to work here grr..I was about to post a job for my client, had everything ready but when I clicked on post job I got error 522 Robot Frustrated

Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
16 of 20

Is there no way to fix it? This happens quite often.

When you visit a website using CloudFlare, you may receive an error 522. This error occurs because CloudFlare could not connect to the origin web server.

Ace Contributor
Ivan K Member Since: Aug 18, 2015
17 of 20

Same here. Yet, now CloudFlare is mostly replying with 'Error 522'.

P.S. Right upon clicking the 'Post' button: "The file 522.png does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. .jpg,.gif,.pdf,.pptx,.wmv are the valid extensions." -- seriously? Had to convert into JPEG manually.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
18 of 20

Ivan, you can't upload a png to a Community post. It's been that way since I first tried it, so it's an old bug or a feature, depending on your point of view. However, you should be able to attach a png to a message center message.

19 of 20

I don't know about you, but this month the speed is getting even worse. It's never been so slow, more or less since the beginning of Sept. I wonder if it's just me or....? I don't have a problem with any other website and my internet connection is fast and stable. Upwork, what's going on?

Michelle J Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
20 of 20

This is my first time trying Upwork instead of Elance and I am SO disappointed! This site is so slow and buggy it's taking me FOREVER to do ANYTHING. This is COMPLETELY unacceptable! Especially now that I'm seeing this has been an ongoing issue. Smiley Mad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS