🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: New initiative - build your own project?
Page options
ahsankhan_akh
Community Member

Early Access Program

hey, i m having trouble in getting aproove my projects on Early Access Program of upwork.I m a video editor and 2d animator. Upwork is rejecting my Project or gig and saying i m not writing the right discription. please help me aprrove my projects. Thanks

96 REPLIES 96
islamsohan
Community Member

Hello Community,
I hope you are all well. I submitted the project to the Early Access Program on the 28th, but my project is not active yet, it is still under review because of how long it takes to be active, please someone tell me a little or give me the right advice.
Thanks,
Sohan

Sohan I wrote:

I submitted the project to the Early Access Program on the 28th, but my project is not active yet, 

Wait at least 5 business days.

Dear Petra,
Thanks for replying to me. Ok I will wait

leeannmerrill
Community Member

I got an email from Upwork today inviting me to be an early participant in...something,..that it's launching but I'm not sure what it is.  It's asking me to create or build a project and giving me special terms to participate like the ability to eliminate feedback. I did a little searching on the forums that for some time there has been something on Upwork called "pre-packaged projects"?  I'd never heard of these before but it sounds very similar to this newly launched thing? Was the pre-packaged thing not going very well and Upwork is looking to re-frame it? The invite is wanting me to just launch into "building my own project" but I'm not really sure what I'm getting into.

Hi Lee Ann,

This was previously known as "Popular Projects". We developed this feature in response to feedback from our community. Clients have told us they want an easier way to purchase pre-defined projects and freelancers tell us they want to see more projects that fit within their work and rate expectations. This feature will allow freelancers to set expectations about cost, timeline, and deliverables and simplify how clients shop for the skills they need for their project. To learn more about Pre-Packaged Projects, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks, that page helps, I wasn't able to find that.

elitegra
Community Member

FEEDBACK.

When creating a new project, if you go BACK, you loose the information you had already typed, even after clicking on SAVE & CONTINUE button. 

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for the feedback! Would you be able to share a recording or screenshots of the odd experience with me in a private message, so our team would be able to investigate further?

~ Vladimir
Upwork
elitegra
Community Member

Hi Joanne, where do you I ask questions or provide feedback about this?

I have a specific question, but no email to communicate. 

Wilson 

Hi Wilson,

As an update, I've confirmed with my team that this is a known issue and we're already working on resolving it. Thank you very much for sharing your experience, you can continue to provide your feedback here and helping us troubleshoot the current alpha version of this program.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
raichandmk
Community Member

Hi,

So my question is that where and how can I view my Projects which I have created under Early Access Program? Is there any way I can access that window without going through the notifications?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Mohsin,

If you create a Pre-Packaged Project as part of our Early Access Program, it will later be visible on your profile and showcased on a new marketplace page for clients. You can find more information here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
arfat-hossen
Community Member

Hi,

How long after the project is created in the Early Excel program is it approved?

Thanks

Arfat Hossen

Hi Arfat,

Thanks for your question. During our early access testing, please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear Moderators,

Is it true I can not connect my specialized profile to my newly created project? At least, I can't find how to do it! When I preview my project, I only find my main profile underneath it, and can not change it to my specialized profile.

Kind regards,

Arjan

Another recommendation:

I would like to have several projects that are very similar, with only one or two differences. Then it would be great to have the option to replicate a finished project, in stead of going through every step for all projects. I would recommend to add the "replicate" feature to it, to make it easier for people to create similar projects.

Kind regards,

Arjan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's correct, Arjan.

Currently projects will show on all profiles the same way and aren't linked to separate Specialized profiles. However, we appreciate the feedback you shared in your posts and will gladly pass it on to the team.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a720f94e
Community Member

When is the upcoming launch?

Hi Kyle,

To start, we are asking a limited number of freelancers to create new, expanded Pre-Packaged Projects and provide feedback on their experience. Later, we will use these to build out new marketplace pages for clients to view these pre-built projects and hire freelancers directly, without having to create a job post. We will email you when the option is available to you. Thanks for your patience!

~ Joanne
Upwork
a720f94e
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your response, I'm already part of the early access program. And some of my projects are already approved. What I want to know is when is the upcoming launch of the new marketplace? Does clients can already see the approved projects?

-Kyle

Hi Kyle,

If you created a Pre-Packaged Project previously, it will remain on your profile but you will no longer be able to edit it. If you create a Pre-Packaged Project as part of our Early Access Program, it will later be visible on your profile and showcased on a new marketplace page for clients. At this time, we’re just building up our project catalog, so clients can’t shop yet. But they will be able to soon -- stay tuned!

~ Vladimir
Upwork
gnudlepye
Community Member

Hey everyone!

I signed up to UpWork years ago, but I didn't get to use it often as I was working fulltime. I am now officially freelancing fulltime and there is a lot I have to learn 🙂 Firstly, what is the Early Access Program? Thanks so much in advance.

Hi Natalie,

If you create a Pre-Packaged Project as part of our Early Access Program, it will later be visible on your profile and showcased on a new marketplace page for clients. You can find more information here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
waseem_aziz
Community Member

Greetings,

I have created a gig for the early access program but it is still pending. It's almost 2 days past. Let me know how much time it will take?

Thanks
Waseem

You have to wait at least 5 days. 

magicse
Community Member

New version of "Pre-packaged projects"  doesn't quite fit common sense.

For example I am creating an animation project and for 3 variants 

Starter, Standard, Advanced.
I must to choose 
Voice-Over Recording , Scriptwriting, Storyboard, Background Music.
It's noncens because I'm animator and not scriptwriter or voiceover talent and etc.
For animation, it is important whether it is a complex animation or a simple one, how many characters there will be, exclusive animation or based on a template ane etc
Please add to Starter, Standard, Advanced text memo so that a freelancer could describe in his own words what is the difference between each package

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Serg,

We appreciate the feedback you shared with us and will gladly pass it on to the team.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hamzaarif99
Community Member

Hi Ahsan,

I read the messages above. I guess the reason your projects are not getting approved is because you are not looking for the actual mistake that needs to be corrected. 

Try to write appropirate description which explains your services and remove any grammatical errors if there are any.

Don't loose hope. Just try to fix errors.

Hope this will help you. 

rgrooms1313
Community Member

I was invited to the Early Access Program for the new Projects feature. However, I keep getting my project denied because my pictures contain too many words. However, I create Dashboards in Tableau and Google Data Studio. My projects will always have words but I do not feel that it is too many. What should I do?

Not yet. It mentions do not make them "text" heavy but I feel mine are not. It is a KPI dashboard, so there needs to be text. 

I think upwork wants you to use a photo like these

4E8EE786-8BFD-4621-A1AD-FDFDFA2A4A9C.png

Thank you but this is what it says to do....

Showcase your best work

Stand out to clients. Upload images of similar past projects you’ve completed.

Hi Richard,

I understand the nature of your concern and I'd like to thank you for reaching out to us in the Community with this question and feedback. I've checked the project in question and asked our team to take a look and provide an update on the projects' status. Feel free to follow up and provide more insight into your experience with using this feature.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

(We're sorry, your project was not approved yet ) after that, I have corrected again and re-submit the project 4 days ago but not receive the output result, what do I now?

Hi Shariful,

During our early access testing, please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

ok thank you

I haven't received any reply mail yet

Hi Shariful,

Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork

Will it go through the review every time I create a project?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths