🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Earning
Page options
badarmunir482
Community Member

Earning

i wanna just sharre my thoughts .

I am new on up-work as a graphic designer and animator, its fact that in start its very difficult to get projects and i am suffering from this situation, now my mind set is this, when i earned my first 1k$, then every thing will go smooth, by sending proposal i can be able to get project because client first check the earning that this freelancer did some jobs or not.

is it true if i sucessfully earned my 1k$ with postive reviews, then it will be so easy for me to get job by sending proposal. if i send 10 proposal then its my believe that can be able to get 5 jobs, because client first say earning. 

if i am wrong plz alloborate me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Badar M wrote:

is it true if i sucessfully earned my 1k$ with postive reviews, then it will be so easy for me to get job by sending proposal.

No.

Badar M wrote:

If i send 10 proposal then its my believe that can be able to get 5 jobs, because client first say earning. 

That is very unlikely to happen. $ 1k is literally nothing in the overall scheme of things, and to win 5 out of 10 jobs you send proposals for would require you to have a profile of exceptional quality in a niche with very little competition, and your proposals to be written superbly well.

None of that applies in your case.

You're in one of the most overcrowded categories and most of the jobs you apply for will have dozens of applicants...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Badar M wrote:

is it true if i sucessfully earned my 1k$ with postive reviews, then it will be so easy for me to get job by sending proposal.

No.

Badar M wrote:

If i send 10 proposal then its my believe that can be able to get 5 jobs, because client first say earning. 

That is very unlikely to happen. $ 1k is literally nothing in the overall scheme of things, and to win 5 out of 10 jobs you send proposals for would require you to have a profile of exceptional quality in a niche with very little competition, and your proposals to be written superbly well.

None of that applies in your case.

You're in one of the most overcrowded categories and most of the jobs you apply for will have dozens of applicants...

so its mean, there is no benefit for spending  my time and money in buying connect,

i spent 40$ on connect from my pocket money, i got only one job

so there is no chance that i will be groe on this plateform.

Badar M wrote:

so its mean, there is no benefit for spending  my time and money in buying connect,

i spent 40$ on connect from my pocket money, i got only one job

so there is no chance that i will be groe on this plateform.

Since you've got stolen designs in your portfolio, you may indeed find it difficult to get clients here. 

hmm

christine what you want to say me

Does this logo design look familiar? So if you created it, then you should get in touch with this company, because they must have stolen your design.

https://tinyurl.com/y2cr4kmu

Plice Help me

sergio-soria
Community Member

It doesn't work like that... Who told you that after earning 1K things will go smoothly? Even to the point that you will apply to 10 jobs and you will get 5 of them? That's really optimistic...

It's not about what you earned. If that was the case you would have never been hired due to the huge pool of successful established freelancers in your category, people who have earned way more than 1K.

Success here mostly relies on the ability to vet clients very well, write good cover letters, and be perfect at your work. Luck is also an important factor, in the sense that you need to be at the right place at the right time.

I must tell you that even top-rated freelancers struggle once in a while.

7c72f2ec
Community Member

How can  I am earning 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths